GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What color looks the best on the 2017 Golf R?

just_ike

I'm in the market for a 2017 Golf R. I visited a dealership in El Paso TX where I found 4 Golf R's. They had a Tornado Red, a Lapiz Blue, a Limestone Gray, and a Deep Black Pearl. I was so surprised to see so many at one dealership. The allocation VW gives to this dealer is amazing.

Isaac

KLEEMANN1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in the market for a 2017 Golf R. I visited a dealership in El Paso TX where I found 4 Golf R's. They had a Tornado Red, a Lapiz Blue, a Limestone Gray, and a Deep Black Pearl. I was so surprised to see so many at one dealership. The allocation VW gives to this dealer is amazing.

Isaac

The color that looks best is the one YOU like the most.

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to say pure white

Even when dirty still looks clean

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
I liked the Lapiz blue the best, but couldn't find any manual R's in Lapiz near me and once I found out how easily it scratches, I was happy I ended up with Oryx. I had contemplated going Tornado Red, but once I saw the Oryx in the sun, I couldn't resist.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
A note on Lapiz Blue: it's the traditional color for the R. That means that it's both the most identifiable color for an R, but it's also the most likely color you'll find one in. And since VW doesn't offer a blue anywhere near this hue on any other Golf, it also makes it somewhat distinctive. To some that's a plus and others it's a minus. Me, I haven't seen an R in a color which I didn't like.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Greetings from across the pond. Not sure when you guys are getting the facelifted MK7.5 which went on sale in UK today, but colours have been revised here, no Lapiz or Limestone that I can see?

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-vii-pa/configure/paint/2822/2880

Yes, there is Lapiz Blue: it's the 5th color choice from the left (but whoever did the graphics on the page left the color off the paint chip square). But then again, God knows when North America will be betting the updated Mk7's, if ever.

Draw0071

Maybe it's just me but I'm liking the current Golf R mug more than the refresh. I also prefer the analog gauges over TFT. Glad I got a '17 before the change. I would like to see in person the special edition white (that we probably won't see stateside).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Its color man its personal preference. They all look amazing in their own respects. The white is one of the nicest whites available on any car in the world, i freakin LOVE the lapiz blue, the Limestone grey is pretty unique and fits the overall effect of the vehicle, and then there's tornado red and black... which i would not get a red R bc it looks too much like a GTI, and i dont think any car looks good in black

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
#1 Lapiz Blue

#2 Limestone Gray

mickR

Ready to race!
Lapiz is a grey (no pun intended) area over here, consensus is that Lapiz is not available, as Mr. VW often gets confused with the spec of new models, when I got my new car the brochure said one thing, the configurator said another and the dealers database said another. I saw the midnight blue last week, not a common colour over here and I thought it looked great, think the new shade of blue will be even better?