GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Prices Dropping, #getsharky

claytonbrown1

So I'm seeing upwards of 8k off MSRP on GTI's within 100 miles of the tampa FL area and consistently 6k off MSRP. Are these prices reflective of the mk8 (2018) coming out soon? If so, is now the time to buy or should I wait a few months?

I had planned to buy a used 2016 model, but now with the prices dropping like crazy on 2017's I suppose I might as well go for the 0 mile car...

Normally my buying strategy at a dealership is to go at em with with an offer of the amount I want to pay, which I normally calculate as a thousand more then they paid for the trade in as I have only purchased used vehicles in the past. Then the salesmen says no, I walk out, they call the next day or stop me, or I dont buy that car. This strategy has always worked in the past, in the sense that I always get a great deal even if I dont buy the first car I make an offer on, most recently on my mk6 Autobahn GTI (listed for 27k in 2015, OTD for 21500).

Anyhow, what i'd like to know, can I haggle like this on a new car that is already marked down or would that be a waste of time.

Im thinking I'll say Ill buy it at that price (6k off MSRP) if I dont have to pay the dealer fee, delivery fee & tag fee. But then again im greedy and enjoy being tough on car salesmen, so I might even go after a lower sale price too.

Went a rant, but useful info if you're in the market for a used or new car :).

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I do all of my negotiations through E-mail between various dealers, not wasting my time otherwise. I like to go into the dealer, sign the papers, and leave with the car.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
That's how I bought my previous car and it worked wonders. Just be ready to spend about a month going back and forth. But, if that's worth saving 1K or so, do it :)

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
The mk8 is not coming out in 2018.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Sorry off topic. The new 7.5 features aren't coming to North America until year 2018 (MY 19)? Or are you saying MY 18?

I don't know... We generally lag 2 years behind ROW. So, MY19 is likely. So MK8 being MY21... obviously this is speculation tho.

mcb219@gmail.com

I got lucky with my new 2017 I think. Was negotiating with a few dealers on the internet and then the others beat the price. Got a new GTI for 22k before tax, title, fees. Msrp was about 26.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmal2005

Ready to race!
This is slightly related but I bought a brand new 2015 Audi A3 2.0T premium plus cabriolet for 11k under msrp including tax tag and title back in May of 2016. If you can find a brand new 2015/16 model. Then again since the msrp was 43k I'm sure percentage wise the discounts look similar.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
This is slightly related but I bought a brand new 2015 Audi A3 2.0T premium plus cabriolet for 11k under msrp including tax tag and title back in May of 2016. If you can find a brand new 2015/16 model. Then again since the msrp was 43k I'm sure percentage wise the discounts look similar.

That right before the new body style was going to start rolling out too.