GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tadej's Golf 2.0TDI DSG Highline

TadejD

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys.

Let me introduce myself and my beauty :)

I'm Tadej, currently 25 years old, I come from small town in Slovenia(Europe). I work in capital city(Ljubljana) at Volkswagen dealership as a salesman.

I've previously owned a few VAG cars, but my current one is my pride and joy :)

Before Golf I had VW Polo 1.6TDI with DSG(90HP) and it was great(fairly quick due to tuning to 138HP and only 1.139kg), but I was looking for something bigger.

So I started calculations for a new car and I had a GTD in mind, but insurance is crazy in my country for car that have more than 177HP(130kW).

Weeks passed by and I came across a used Golf 2.0TDI with DSG(that was a priority) with really perfect equipment for me. One thing led to another so in September 2016 I bought it from first owner with 34.150km on the speedometer.

The car is really great for me, I have done a few tweaks to my car, installed a full sound system in the car and so on.

So that's about it...tweaks and things I have done to my car and planning are listed below.

Keep up the good work and thank you(I mean really, really big Thank you) for all the work you guys do here and DIY guides(it helped me a lot!). :)

Tweaks and modifications:

- VCDS tweaks(dynamic rear blinker, stopwatch in MFD, driving profile in MFD, rain closing, automatic CH/LH, CH/LH on fog lights, fuel quantity to refuel, full ESP off, needle sweep, fan speed on AUTO, full panorama opening with keyfob, rear lights with DRL, DRL off with headunit, front LED dimming with blinker)
- sound system upgrade(I kept my Discover Pro, speakers are Rockford Fosgate T1650-S in the front and back, powered by amp Boss Audio CE1404 and sub Alpine SWR-12D4 Type-R powered by Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP)
- ALU pedals from GTI/GTD
- reverse lights LED
- trunk light, glove box light LED
- LED warning lights in the door
- chrome exhaust tips

Things I'm planning to do:
- 19" or 20" alloy wheels(looking for good one before summer)
- front GTD bumper, side skirts, and rear GTI diffusor and exhaust modification
- maybe lowering or wheel spacers(I had wheel spacers on Polo and it looked so good with original ALU wheels)
- QI wireless charger in front of gearbox lever
- Light assist with Homelink mirror upgrade

Car specifications:
Golf 2.0TDI 150HP DSG Highline
Color: Oryx white
Vienna leather package, panoramic sunroof, bi-xenon headlights, LED rear lights, Kessy, Discover Pro, Park Pilot with Park Assist, Rear view camera, Webasto, MFD Premium, steering wheel with DSG paddles, lights and vision package, winter package, Durban 18" alloy wheels, tinted windows, driving profile selection, ACC with front assist.

A few pictures:

I will be posting a few more pictures when the weather gets better and I clean my car :)

Have a nice day everybody! :)

Last edited:

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Wow great car and welcome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
I'm really digging that two-tone interior! Grats on the new ride, you won't be disappointed!

TadejD

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you very much for your comments.

15th of March is coming faster and faster and I'll be changing back to summer tyres.
I'm asking for your honest opinion of what do you think it would be better.

I currently have 18" Durban wheels(which are very light for factory wheels-10,4kg-23lbs), and now I don't know, should I go with bigger wheels and tyres(19" and 20") or should I get wheel spacers and lower the car a little bit.

What do you suggest? :)

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Thank you very much for your comments.

15th of March is coming faster and faster and I'll be changing back to summer tyres.
I'm asking for your honest opinion of what do you think it would be better.

I currently have 18" Durban wheels(which are very light for factory wheels-10,4kg-23lbs), and now I don't know, should I go with bigger wheels and tyres(19" and 20") or should I get wheel spacers and lower the car a little bit.

What do you suggest? :)

I have both a MK7 R and a 1.8T.. While the R can handle larger wheels/potential greater rotational mass, consider the weight of the wheels you may be getting.. If you can lighten your overall wheel/tire combo then this might be a nice option (and personally anything over 19" looks a bit off), but you can also really liven up the little 1.8T by getting even lighter 18s (say 17 to 19lbs), trust me you WILL notice the difference in handling.

Nice colour choice by the way! You should check out my 1.8T progress thread if you have time!

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
i have a hard time keeping the pillars and headliner clean...i would have a fit keeping a tan interior clean... forget it...

Car looks great man!

TadejD

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for your comments :)
@SK VeeDubR, I just love what you did to your MK7 1.8T. I really like the twin exhaust pipe like on the GTI(actually have a similar thing in mind on mine car).
About the wheels...for me it's about 80% looks and 20% performance(since I'm more on the slow side with driving), but I think for now I'm going to stay with 18" Durban wheels, different springs and wheelspacers.

@Bäsemödel, it's true, I'm pretty neat type of guy and I like keeping my car fresh clean all the time and I don't allow any kind of food in my car.

Just a little update, tomorrow I'm trying coding the Discover Pro MIB1 to support Mirrorlink and Carnet :)
If you don't know this guy yet, you should check his youtube channel, because with his knowledge and his equipment he can make almost everything possible and maybe it's something you want to do on your car. His channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MtlCarGarage

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for your comments :)
@SK VeeDubR, I just love what you did to your MK7 1.8T. I really like the twin exhaust pipe like on the GTI(actually have a similar thing in mind on mine car).
About the wheels...for me it's about 80% looks and 20% performance(since I'm more on the slow side with driving), but I think for now I'm going to stay with 18" Durban wheels, different springs and wheelspacers.

@Bäsemödel, it's true, I'm pretty neat type of guy and I like keeping my car fresh clean all the time and I don't allow any kind of food in my car.

Just a little update, tomorrow I'm trying coding the Discover Pro MIB1 to support Mirrorlink and Carnet :)
If you don't know this guy yet, you should check his youtube channel, because with his knowledge and his equipment he can make almost everything possible and maybe it's something you want to do on your car. His channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MtlCarGarage

So did you swap the display and MIB1 unit for an MIB2 like this guy? That's something that, if not impossible or crazy expensive, I'd like to try some day. I'd love to have car play.

TadejD

Passed Driver's Ed
I didn't swap the MIB1 unit for MIB2 unit. Also if I would do the swap I wouldn't have to change the display, since it's the same.
About the Mirrorlink and Carnet it was not possible...it was possible to enable WLAN and DLNA playing via phone, but not Mirrorlink.
The unit itself it's not that expensive, but since I already have Discover Pro I wouldn't pay 800-900€ for Mirrorlink and Carnet if you catch my drift.

TadejD

Passed Driver's Ed
So today my fiancee gave me a present, QI wireless charger from Inbay. I installed it today and it was fairly easy due to all DIY guides here :)
All I had to do was remove the cubby in front of DSG, make a hole on the back side, run the cables from charger to fuse box and that's it. I had a few problems having cubby reinstalled but once I figured it out it was in just like that.
The box that charger came in:

What you get in the box(charger, cables, manual):

Removing the cubby in front of gear lever:

Final product:

I would rate this DIY 3/10 for difficulty.

TadejD

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been searching through forum all day and I haven't found the right topic.
I'm currently in the process of getting rear diffusor from GTI and having twin exhaust.
Has anyone got a decent DIY tutorial or something that I can help with?

Thank you and have a great weekend.

TadejD

Passed Driver's Ed
Today I bought a rear diffusor from GTI Performance and I'm putting on new exhaust on Wed next week. Can't wait :)
Also I got rear silencer from company named Evoke, to give it mean look.

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
What a beauty! ;)