GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No GPS Signal error

dsfx

Hi All,

I've been searching around to see if i can find a simple solution to this. My GPS is not working at all and i'm getting an error on my drivers screen when i go into the GPS mode that says "No GPS Signal".

The car is a MY15 GTI purchased in 2014. So far it's been rock solid, I've had no issues with it. Then all of a sudden the GPS wouldn't work. It's very strange.

Has anybody else run into this? I've looked at the antenna on top of the car and it looks fine, no damage. The head unit has never been removed or anything so wires at the back should be secured. It happened after a dealer visit. I'm trying to avoid taking it in since warranty is up and i just gave the dealership almost $600 bucks.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Someone else posted a similar issue where the problem was where the signal wires connected to the antenna under the headliner. But if under warranty, go to the dealer.

tex1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi All,

I've been searching around to see if i can find a simple solution to this. My GPS is not working at all and i'm getting an error on my drivers screen when i go into the GPS mode that says "No GPS Signal".

The car is a MY15 GTI purchased in 2014. So far it's been rock solid, I've had no issues with it. Then all of a sudden the GPS wouldn't work. It's very strange.

Has anybody else run into this? I've looked at the antenna on top of the car and it looks fine, no damage. The head unit has never been removed or anything so wires at the back should be secured. It happened after a dealer visit. I'm trying to avoid taking it in since warranty is up and i just gave the dealership almost $600 bucks.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Verify if the CAR-Net green light is lit and the compass work. These interface with the shark fin antenna asesmbly . Mine came loose last year. I popped one of the rear trim panels to gain access to the headliner beneath the shark fin assy and was able to press the connectors back into their sockets - and voila , the CarNet light, and compass started working again