GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

play videos on MIB2

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
So i was wondering if anyone knows of a way to play a video on the screen? i know the discover pro 8inch has a dvd player which we do not but anyone know if if theres a hack to play a video of the sd card?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
How'd you get it to play from usb?

KeVmO

Ready to race!
ummm interested.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I just put my phone in front of the gauge cluster to watch movies during my commute.

I joke. I joke
*in best insult dog voice

Yeah.not sure what purpose it would serve unless for passengers and even then it's right there so potentially distracting.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I still haven't seen any confirmed way to do this on US cars. Would be nice for my son sitting in the center rear seat for long trips but I agree it could be distracting.

dmc1

Passed Driver's Ed
So i was wondering if anyone knows of a way to play a video on the screen? i know the discover pro 8inch has a dvd player which we do not but anyone know if if theres a hack to play a video of the sd card?

I don't think the Discover Media is capable of video. The Discover Pro has more than just a hardware DVD drive in the glovebox. It has more CPU capability which, for example, allows the Discover Pro to play high bitrate files. I've been able to play 24/192 FLAC files on mine, whereas the Discover Media tops out on 16/44.1 bitrates.

Though the above example is somewhat trivial, the better CPU is what allows for H.264 video playback off SD cards and internal SSD. It also enables things like advanced voice control and pretty 3D maps with silly details, like the Air Canada logo on top of the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

But can MIB2 play video from the USB?

If the MIB2 unit is the Discover Pro, then it can play video from any of its sources. I have been able to play video from both SD card slots, the internal SSD, USB flash drive, DVD-R, CD-R, and a Wi-Fi connected DLNA server.

Well that's an easy hack to fix with VCDS lol

Enabling Video-In-Motion ("VIM") is not possible with VCDS. Two European vendors, however, do offer a 5F controller reflash to enable this: VAG CAN PRO and Kufatec.