GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wireless CarPlay

AlenSubasic

Ready to race!
Do you think VW will have an update to the MIB 2 to support wireless CarPlay? I use it sometimes but if it was wireless I would use it all the time.

2016 Golf R 6MT DCC
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Do you think VW will have an update to the MIB 2 to support wireless CarPlay? I use it sometimes but if it was wireless I would use it all the time.

2016 Golf R 6MT DCC

It won't be an update for ours. For wireless CarPlay to work the unit needs to have wifi capabilities. That's how wireless CarPlay works so maybe in a next gen info system but will not work via just an update for ours sadly [emoji24]

AlenSubasic

Ready to race!
It won't be an update for ours. For wireless CarPlay to work the unit needs to have wifi capabilities. That's how wireless CarPlay works so maybe in a next gen info system but will not work via just an update for ours sadly [emoji24]

I thought the MIB2 had wifi capabilities? Or is the Discover Pro?

2016 Golf R 6MT DCC

surfwagon

Ready to race!

Is there a way to add aftermarket WiFi capability to MIBII? We need some of our electrical engineer/software engineer members to get to work on this

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Is there a way to add aftermarket WiFi capability to MIBII? We need some of our electrical engineer/software engineer members to get to work on this

Thee is not. It does not have the required connections in the back needed. One of my cars does have the wireless car play in it and our radios do not have the needed connections in the back as the Pro does. The reason wifi is needed for wireless CarPlay is because the Bluetooth connection is not fast enough and it needs a wifi connection to do it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lcubed

Ready to race!
Thee is not. It does not have the required connections in the back needed. One of my cars does have the wireless car play in it and our radios do not have the needed connections in the back as the Pro does. The reason wifi is needed for wireless CarPlay is because the Bluetooth connection is not fast enough and it needs a wifi connection to do it

which car?? bmw only announced support for wireless carplay for the 17 5 series just a few days ago.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
which car?? bmw only announced support for wireless carplay for the 17 5 series just a few days ago.

Aftermarket radio sorry should of said that and yeah BMW is the first to self]l a car with it even though VW tried to and Apple refused them

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Aftermarket radio sorry should of said that and yeah BMW is the first to self]l a car with it even though VW tried to and Apple refused them. It works good but to me plugging in is just better. Faster and more responsive and to me I only use CarPlay on hour plus trips and that's when I plug my phone in anyway

surfwagon

Ready to race!
I'm surprised nobody has come out with an aftermarket module that makes MIBII WiFi capable.

GeoBog

Ready to race!
MIB2 is already WIfi capable. At least mine is but I also have CarNet which required internet connection. I have connected MIB2 to my wifi in order to upload CarNet Data and also traffic info for the SatNav.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
MIB2 is already WIfi capable. At least mine is but I also have CarNet which required internet connection. I have connected MIB2 to my wifi in order to upload CarNet Data and also traffic info for the SatNav.

you have the pro though. 8 inch screen. No discover media 2 has wifi in it only discover pro

GeoBog

Ready to race!
you have the pro though. 8 inch screen. No discover media 2 has wifi in it only discover pro

No. I have the standard MIB2 with 6.5" screen but as I said above, I think it's something to do with CarNet.

Last edited: