GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment update as 4/16/2016

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
So I was still having issues after an update a few weeks ago with no sound after I turned on the car. I have to turn the head unit off and back on. So I had my car in the shop for 10k service and told them about the issue and they said another update was release after the one I had just gotten. Picture below

Last edited:

vwgtidude

Ready to race!
My infortainment system have no audio sometimes too. The radio and bluetooth doesn't have any sound. I have to turn it off and back on. I have a 2015 mk7. I might call VW and let them know so they can fix this. Anyone has an update?

simonsez

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm running version 613 here since last week and the first time out of the dealer the radio would get blue screen errors and just shut off randomly every 5 minutes or so. I took it back in and they talked to VW tech support and reinstalled the update and now everything works nearly perfect with my Galaxy S7.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I'm running version 613 here since last week and the first time out of the dealer the radio would get blue screen errors and just shut off randomly every 5 minutes or so. I took it back in and they talked to VW tech support and reinstalled the update and now everything works nearly perfect with my Galaxy S7.

Good stuff.. Knock on wood.. Mines been working great

josh.dsg

Ready to race!
I get random loss of control to the interface with my iphone plugged in.. Music doesn't start or stop using the head unit and app's don't open. Bottom left home button works fine though.. Have to use my phone controls to adjust everything. I think VW rushed the 2016 software update with Apple play. Its a PITA because I waited for this feature specifically :/

funvw5

Ready to race!
So I was still having issues after an update a few weeks ago with no sound after I turned on the car. I have to turn the head unit off and back on. So I had my car in the shop for 10k service and told them about the issue and they said another update was release after the one I had just gotten. Picture below

you an iPhone guy? (kinda thinking not with your screen name,lol)
I've been having issues with infotainment system lately. The car keeps muting the volume when first connecting to my phone, annoying as hell. I wish VW would've done better with the interface with the iPhone:(

eddiekranc

Ready to race!
I haven't done either of the two updates but need to. It would randomly quit Apple car play some times and then only let me do Bluetooth. Not I have a message that says App connect is a feature I have to buy a key from the dealer to use. And it won't even let me use Bluetooth. So fucking heated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom/APR1

Ready to race!
You are correct lm android but android auto sucks. I would let the dealer know your issues so they can keep track of it and let VW know of them so more updates come out.

What phone/OS are you on? I had a Galaxy S5 on 5.0, and it would only work if the sun, moon, and your headlights were aligned. With my Galaxy S7 on 6.0, it has worked every time I try it...