GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Conv. Opening

Scottmk7

Ready to race!
I found a few topics on this but not specific to my issue, sorry if this is repeated.

I received my 16 R last week and I have the Convenience open option for all or drivers window but I can not get it to work with the key fob up or down and can only get them to roll up from the lock button on the door. Isn't the convenience open supposed to work with the key fob with the option in settings, am I missing something?

Reference picture not my actual car seen below.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

iainb

Passed Driver's Ed
Since you don't have your location specified in your profile...

Here in the US you need to do some coding to enable the comfort open/close windows from the keyfob.

Comfort Close windows
Step by step pics here......
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzB...ZHN2VRWEU/view
9- Central electronics
10- Adaptations
2-Access control 2- comfort opening > active
3- access control 3- comfort closing > active
Key fob…
7- access control 2- funk komfort oeffnen > active
6- access control 2- funk komfort schilessen > active
Menu
27 access control 2- Menuesteuerung komfortbedienung einstellbar >adjustableKessy
20- access control 2-Kessy komfort schilessen > active

Scottmk7

Ready to race!
Since you don't have your location specified in your profile...

Here in the US you need to do some coding to enable the comfort open/close windows from the keyfob.
Thanks, I am located in the US. So you are saying that even though the car has the option for conv. Opening in the menus it does not work until this coding is done?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I did this on my MK5. But you needed to be very close to the car for it to work. Not really worth it unless it's different now.

nolamike

Stumped VW

I managed to stump VW Customer Care (US) with this question of what the "Conv. opening" setting (just as pictured in 1st post) does in a stock 2016 Golf TSI S (MT) with keyed ignition. On first callback the nice care rep apologized she did not have the answer yet (it's been overnight) and she says she'll have the answer Monday.

nolamike

I managed to stump VW Customer Care (US) with this question of what the "Conv. opening" setting (just as pictured in 1st post) does in a stock 2016 Golf TSI S (MT) with keyed ignition. On first callback the nice care rep apologized she did not have the answer yet (it's been overnight) and she says she'll have the answer Monday.

They came back saying that the setting applies only during operation of the Car-Net smartphone remote. Well, I can't make anything happen with the windows with that either. So I think we have a case here of a setting that creeped into production vehicles for which even VW doesn't know the function. Or, it applies only to keyless cars and keyed car owners just have to waste time wondering, posting to forums, etc...

junginit

It works, just not like most would want. When you first open your door and press and hold the drivers window button down, it will roll down all the windows. The other way it works is when you lock the car by touching the door handle. If you touch and hold your finger on it, it will roll all your windows up, if they were down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
They came back saying that the setting applies only during operation of the Car-Net smartphone remote. Well, I can't make anything happen with the windows with that either. So I think we have a case here of a setting that creeped into production vehicles for which even VW doesn't know the function. Or, it applies only to keyless cars and keyed car owners just have to waste time wondering, posting to forums, etc...

LOL, VW didn't tell you to call your dealer? That's what they tell me every time I ask a question.