GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipes and YOU! - Status Thread - Tune / Downpipe Brand / Spacer / etc.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
After many many discussions and even changing my forums signature, we still get the stray topic of downpipes and CELs.

George suggested that we get a list going of what you are running and the status (CEL or no CEL) of your engine.

I'll start:

2015 GTI - 42 Draft Designs Catted Downpipe with 42 Draft Designs O2 Spacer - JB1 - No CEL.

If you have a downpipe and a CEL, buy this and be problem free!

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/o2-sensor-spacer/

Last edited:

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
2016 GTI - Ultimate Racing w/upgraded 200 cell metal cat, no spacer, JB1, no CEL.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
UR has a spacer built in

It can't be removed or purchased, it is welded. No spacer. Call it what you will.
gn4rwhals you are going to have to constantly update the OP since this is going to get flooded with comments.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
It's really simple, you are taking a chance.
If you have a decent cat and good positioning this should minimize the chance of a CEL.

pewpewpew

If you have a CEL can you just clear it and erase any trace of the fault? In case you need to remove the downpipe and to go to the dealership.

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
It's really simple, you are taking a chance.
If you have a decent cat and good positioning this should minimize the chance of a CEL.
Not if you buy a downpipe with a high quality cat and a CEL-free guarantee like the Neuspeed.

3k miles and no CEL with no spacer and no welded-on spacer like the UR.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Not if you buy a downpipe with a high quality cat and a CEL-free guarantee like the Neuspeed.

3k miles and no CEL with no spacer and no welded-on spacer like the UR.

We get it, you are an elitist. Glad you decided to pay for the best.

For those interested in buying from Canada (who live in Canada), the UR is a decent option, and you don't need to buy a spacer. I don't know the brand of the upgraded metal cat, but I seem to not have a problem with mine.