GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 - Heardtbreak on the dyno

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
283 whp / 325 ft/tq @ 91 octane

Low reading dyno, but still. Raced a friends K04, we were dead even. Will be reaching out to APR and running another dyno

Will update as I learn more.

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
Had a stage 2 APR pull 250 on this dyno. It is a lower reading dyno, but based on my race with a K04, I believe I am down on power

Mk7VW

Banned
What is your exact setup with the is38? Any other supporting mods?

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
2016 PP DSG

-APR IS38 on 91
-APR IS38 DSG Tune
-Awe intake
-Billy Boat catless TBE
-Unitronic Intercooler (Delivered consistent back to back runs)
-APR turbo muffler delete

Interestingly I put down 230 whp with just an APR downpipe Then 240 with billy boat and awe intake, stock turbo no tune. All done on the same dyno

Last edited:

enkil

Ready to race!
Then you are making 'normal' whp without tune like the rest on this so called low dyno. But you are gaining too little gains with stg1/2 (shud be 290 to 300whp) more so with is38.

2016 PP DSG

-APR IS38 on 91
-APR IS38 DSG Tune
-Awe intake
-Billy Boat catless TBE
-Unitronic Intercooler (Delivered consistent back to back runs)
-APR turbo muffler delete

Interestingly I put down 230 whp with just an APR downpipe Then 240 with billy boat and awe intake, stock turbo no tune. All done on the same dyno

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Chassis dyno's can vary quite a bit for sure.

I have no doubt that he is down on power from what he should be, but measuring wheel HP with different types of dyno's can make a huge difference.

My 2006 BMW 330 was dynoed using a Mustang dyno. Yes, it's only naturally aspirated 3.0 liter in-line six, so the quoted HP from BMW is 255hp. I have a Dinan CAI, throttle body and exhaust along with an AA tune. I made only 206 RWHP at VAC in Philly. But when I'm on the track, I am keeping up with non-tuned 335s without a problem in the straight line.
Also, a friend of mine has a supercharged e90 M3. At VAC he made 150 HP LESS than he did on another dyno.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214597

Mk7VW

Banned
There is something wrong with that dyno maybe its really out of calibration. Find a dyno jet and set the correction at SAE and make a few runs. You should be putting out at least 330-340whp