GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB II - Software Version and Update Thread

hugoender1

Ready to race!
Just thought I'd create a thread where we can keep track of the latest software version for the MIB II / MIB 2 entertainment units.

I believe there are two version of the MIBII and they each have their own hardware number and software version number.

To keep it organized I suggest we submit info in the following format:
Device Part Number:
Hardware:
Software Version:
Purchase Date:
Comments:

To view your unit's information just press the Menu button, then scroll all the way to the right and press Setup, and then scroll to the bottom and press System Information.

Last edited:

hugoender1

Ready to race!
Device Part Number: 3Q0035876
Hardware: H25
Software Version: 0241
Purchase Date: Dec 2016
Comments:
  • When answering calls with Carplay, the other person hears an echo.
  • Subwoofer volume sometimes disappears.
  • Includes performance gauges.
  • Oil temp gauge does not update on it's own unless you leave the gauge screen and come back.

warrenmr

Device Discover Pro 8" (Canada)
Device part number 3G0035047
Hardware H42
Software 0344
Purchase date Oct 2015

Android Auto won't connect to Galaxy S5 (sometimes) and BlackBerry Priv (always). One random shut down/reboot.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
Device Part Number: 3Q0035844
Hardware: 620
Software Version: 0613
Purchase Date: Jan 2016
Comments: at least every other day it will not connect to my iPhone. It cycles connecting while giving an error and then saying invalid device.

jbrown

Device Part Number: 3Q0035844
Hardware: 620
Software Version: 0613
Purchase Date: Jun 2016

I frequently get the "ParkPilot Not Available" error

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
Is there a new version out? I have android now and it works with the 620 version. My iPhone had a lot of issues. I still get the ParkPilot error too.

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R-Line eT|SI
Is there a new version out? I have android now and it works with the 620 version. My iPhone had a lot of issues. I still get the ParkPilot error too.

My car is going in for its first service next month and the dealer told me that there's also an update to the infotainment system to carry out. I'll add my current version numbers when I next go out and the new version after the service

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R-Line eT|SI
Ok, current versions are:

Device part number: 3Q0035874A
Hardware: 820
Software: 0616

Purchased the car in Feb 2016 but it was pre-registered by VW and was actually first registered in Sept 2015 hence it now being due its first service. The service is booked for the 10th Sept will report back when it's complete

I also noticed on the information page, buttons on the bottom for "Update software" and "Online download". Does anyone know what these are for?

j_rad91!

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Purchased July 2016. Should I click the update software option?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I think that update software would then look for a VW SD card, so no don't press it because it won't do anything. Your dealer needs to perform the update if there is one available.

Also more importantly your car seems to be upside-down.

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R-Line eT|SI
Back from the service today. Software version is now showing as 0624

There's 2 workshop actions on the paperwork. They are 91O1 which I think is the MIB 2 update. The other is 24CP which I haven't got a clue about. The guy at the dealership said something about prolonging the battery life :confused: