Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Ouch! Best of luck.

bully1

Rebuild started yesterday

LeGti

Ready to race!
Cool, good luck with everything and please post lots of pics :)

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
Hi, sadly I'm in the same situation, engine disassembled at the dealer. Tune was found by VW, dealer didn't. Warranty void.

I was informed today and I'm waiting for their budget for the repairs.

Do you have any idea of how much it is to rebuild the engine?
You may already know, I'm just starting to search OEM parts and still waiting for the dealer budget.

In my case I have a broken rod bearing and the crankshaft is damaged at the same spot (where it meets the connecting rod).
That is awesome your engine is being warrantied with the tune.
It's funny how everyone is paranoid to tune (including me) but there rarely any stories where waranties are actually denied...

witsbusa

Ready to race!
That is awesome your engine is being warrantied with the tune.
It's funny how everyone is paranoid to tune (including me) but there rarely any stories where waranties are actually denied...

Read again - warranty voided by VW. He's on his own for the rebuild cost as I read it.. that bites, but anyone who tunes has ample warning of that possibility.

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
Read again - warranty voided by VW. He's on his own for the rebuild cost as I read it.. that bites, but anyone who tunes has ample warning of that possibility.

If that's the case then that is a bummer for him.

He wrote: dealer didn't. Warranty void.
The period after ''didn't'' through me off...

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
Yeah it's very tempting to tune, especially when it makes such a difference.

Piggybacks like (JB1 and NPM) are only ''invisible to dealer'' warranty safe options there is with these cars. Not as much gains as tuning but definitely wake the car up if you arent happy with the stock power.

Looking back overall though after modding and tuning several cars, Ive found it usually isn't worth it and just opens a can of worms. If you want more car, buy something that performs the way you like it stock.

Boost3d.GTI

Ready to race!
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough.

I had ED stage 1.5, when the engine broke it still rune roughly so I proceeded to take the ED flash tool and loaded the stock map back in.
Programming attempts was reset back to 00100010001 as should read when stock and new.

I even took the car back home flashed back to stock driving very slowly, next morning I drove to the workshop to remove the 42DD downpipe and reinstall the OEM downpipe then drove to the dealer, I think I was lucky not to throw a rod.

So to sum up, I flashed back to stock and drove for about 20 kms.
Doing that I thought they might not notice it was tuned.

The dealer didn't notice but two days later (that is today) they called to say the VW voided the warranty and they even knew the exact kilometers I had in the odometer when I started flashing the car with the Eurodyne flash tool.

So the tune is never invisible, VW Germany has the tools or the ability to find out and they will.

I will never again flash any car, If I need more power or I get bored with my current car I will switch to a new one.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear about your luck. Unfortunately tune had nothing to do with your problem. As you stated yourself, it was the water meth that screwed up your car. So even if you didn't have the tune chances are you would have been SOL. Good luck to you and hope you get something figured out.

witsbusa

Ready to race!
I really feel for mroski.. it is flat out horrible luck! I have tuned and modified every vehicle I have ever owned - cars, pickups, motorcycles.. and not once have I had any issues whatsoever.. and I enjoyed every single vehicle more with the upgrades.

mroski's experience is by far the remote minority.. really sucks that you experienced the engine failure - any indication what happened and the cause? I would be very curious to hear if you have a chance to share.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear about your luck. Unfortunately tune had nothing to do with your problem. As you stated yourself, it was the water meth that screwed up your car. So even if you didn't have the tune chances are you would have been SOL. Good luck to you and hope you get something figured out.
where did he say the water meth caused it?