GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED headlights and Osram holgens

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
I have my new golf R replicas from Becautoparts, ready to fit. Will be keeping the halogen light to stay within the laws. As far as i know it's the same original halogens. Would it be smart to swap to new Osram lamps while i'm switching headlights?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Agorina

Passed Driver's Ed
It would be a good idea to change the bulbs while the housings are not installed. You might want to go with a bulb that has a slightly cooler look. It depends on what is important to you. Performance of the bulb, or looks.

vrod

Ready to race!
In the day, the bulb won't be used as the LED's will be the DRL. Don't care about the color, go for something which puts out a lot of light. :)

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
In the day, the bulb won't be used as the LED's will be the DRL. Don't care about the color, go for something which puts out a lot of light. :)
I went with the osram nightbreakers.
Thats what my plan was all along.
During the night the sexy LEDs arent as easily seen. So its about looks during the day and performance at night

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Can I ask where you bought the R-replical headlights and how they cost?

Thanks.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Can I ask where you bought the R-replical headlights and how they cost?

Thanks.
They ares eds, from becautoparts online. The price was $560 delivered. Hes on these forums, do a quick search and email him

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Im in northern ireland. The mechanic fit and aligned these for me for £50. He seemed pretty impressed by the lights

vrod

Ready to race!
Good choice with the osrams.

Just remember to get the HID-grille so the chrome line aligns with the headlights ;)

vrod

Ready to race!
Yes, cars coming with the halogens have a grill where the line is in the bottom. On cars fitted with HID's from factory, they come with a grill which aligns with the line in the headlights. Imo, it looks a little strange if they don't align. :)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
They ares eds, from becautoparts online. The price was $560 delivered. Hes on these forums, do a quick search and email him

Thanks.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Yes, cars coming with the halogens have a grill where the line is in the bottom. On cars fitted with HID's from factory, they come with a grill which aligns with the line in the headlights. Imo, it looks a little strange if they don't align. :)
It's something i've thought about, but i've only seen the R grill to go with the a R lights, but i dont want my car to turn into an R replica. If the HID grill is a different thing i'd like to see it. Do u have a link? Otherwise i may just get rid of the chrome on the grill or see if theres a custom one out there that matches or has no strip