GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Limestone Grey 1.4TSi SE DSG Estate

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Time to start a new a new journal owing to the demise of my Sunset Red Golf SE DSG 1.4 TSi from an unknown (and still undiagnosed*) major electronic failure on 28th July 2015.

I got a call this evening from the dealership to inform us that our new Limestone Grey 1.4TSi SE DSG Estate was delivered on the weekly transporter from Tynemouth today - a week earlier than expected!

Allowing for this being the busiest week of the year for them, the earliest we can take delivery is Next Tuesday (8th Sept) which is great - a week earlier than expected.

I'm planning on visiting the dealership tomorrow to get some photos.

* Even Wolfsburg technical support are baffled.

Last edited:

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Be assured I'll be posting some.

Hoping to get a first look at her tomorrow.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Good morning all - I've just braved the rain and been to town to take a first look at my new car.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Rain what rain?.....................

blub blub blub......................:eek:

Looking good...........now for the mods...............:p

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Dave - I've got a few little things in mind plus VCDS tweaks. I'm not too much of a modder, but I like the RGM protectors which I've had before. First things in will be the boot liner, dog crate and folding bumper shield.

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
Nice one Rob, it looks very nice indeed. Noticed it has headlight washers with Halogens, I thought that was something only Xenon owners had to endure.

Looking forward to more pics, when you get it slammed, modded etc and pop some gangsta rims on it.

pipsyp

Ready to race!
Nice one Rob, it looks very nice indeed. Noticed it has headlight washers with Halogens, I thought that was something only Xenon owners had to endure.

Looking forward to more pics, when you get it slammed, modded etc and pop some gangsta rims on it.

Part of the winter pack option here in the UK.....you get headlamp washers with low level warning (they dont have a level sensor without headlamp washers here!), heated front jets and heated seats

pipsyp

Ready to race!
Looks nice DW, Linestones a nice colour and I guess the estate will probably suit you a bit better with the dog and all......perhaps the old car breaking is really a good thing :)

DW58

Go Kart Champion

Headlight washers arepart of the Winter Pack here.

Slammed/Gangsta rims ... ... ... err no!

I'm a Cantankerous Old Fart remember. I've got an image to maintain :rolleyes:

Part of the winter pack option here in the UK.....you get headlamp washers with low level warning (they dont have a level sensor without headlamp washers here!), heated front jets and heated seats

Looking forward to those heated heats.

Looks nice DW, Linestones a nice colour and I guess the estate will probably suit you a bit better with the dog and all......perhaps the old car breaking is really a good thing :)

In all seriousness you're probably right - I was going to move to an estate next year in any case.

Is it actually limestone grey thoug It looks more mettalic brown to me, maybe its just the light :)

Limestone Grey seems to be one of those colours which changes with the light.

Nicely proportioned estate.

The folding bumper shield looks like a useful addition. I always seem to get the plastic trim scuffed.

Yes it is - I got it from the same supplier as the dog crate, it hooks onto the two tie-down points just inside the boot.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Had a chat with the dealer's resident Valeter today - thank goodness the contract Valeters only lasted about six months.

I've arranged with him that apart from label and glue removal there will be nothing else done to the bodywork, but he can do a full valet to the interior.

I have almost the full range of GTechniq ready for the first detail. GTechniq now offer products to cover almost every detailing need.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Thanks - Limestone Grey has been a colour I have fancied for a while and as you say it's not really grey at all, there's a stone/green tinge to it depending upon the light.