GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf GTD - Maxton Front Spoiler and SRS-Tec Rear Roof Lip

s7wag

Ready to race!
Fitted the Maxton front spoiler/splitter and SRSTec rear roof lip spoiler today. Very pleased with results.

Used the black fixing glue/gel supplied with SRS spoiler for rear and fixed front with self-tapping screws and washers with 10mm 3m tape between touching parts.

Attachments

• GTD-SRSTech-NSRear2.jpg
    GTD-SRSTech-NSRear2.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 7,098
  • GTD-SRSTech-OSRear2.jpg
    GTD-SRSTech-OSRear2.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 5,361
  • GTD-SRSTech-TopEdge.jpg
    GTD-SRSTech-TopEdge.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 5,240
  • GTD-Maxton-FrontSpoiler2.jpg
    GTD-Maxton-FrontSpoiler2.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 5,385
  • GTD-Maxton-NSFFixing.jpg
    GTD-Maxton-NSFFixing.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 4,109
  • GTD-Maxton-NSF.jpg
    GTD-Maxton-NSF.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 4,207
  • GTD-Maxton-FixingFrontOn.jpg
    GTD-Maxton-FixingFrontOn.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 4,101
  • GTD-Maxton-Fixings.jpg
    GTD-Maxton-Fixings.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 4,160
Last edited:

CKGOLFMK7

Ready to race!
Fitted the Maxton front spoiler/splitter and SRSTec rear roof lip spoiler today. Very pleased with results.

Used the black fixing glue/gel supplied with SRS spoiler for rear and fixed front with self-tapping screws and washers with 10mm 3m tape between touching parts.

Car looks great!

Quick question, did you have to dis-assemble anything underneath to install the Maxton Splitter in the front?

s7wag

Ready to race!
Nope, because I used self-tapping screws everything stays intact. If you wanted to bolt it on instead you would need to remove the under-tray first (torx screws).

CKGOLFMK7

Ready to race!
Nope, because I used self-tapping screws everything stays intact. If you wanted to bolt it on instead you would need to remove the under-tray first (torx screws).

Gotcha, thanks Waggers! Did you use the provided adhesive in the tube?

Going for the install this weekend...:D

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Looks nice Waggers, I've actually been looking for a splitter / lip recently and am torn between the Maxton one (cheapest), Kercsher one (most expensive) or Rieger front lip (most different - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rieger-Fr...127451?hash=item1e9f269f9b:g:~U8AAOSw0e9U0Qwo).

Are you happy with the Maxton one and how do you think it would look painted the same colour as the car? Ideally I would like to colour code it but think the Carbon finish also looks really nice.

s7wag

Ready to race!
I think if you paint you'd have to paint the existing small left/right spoiler parts too...:) and then I think you'd also need to consider the lower side-spoilers and rear too. I originally thought it was easier keeping bottom section of the car OEM black but with the carbon it was just a clear contrast. Personal choice I guess but I think the colour-code would be nice too. I would say by the time you've carbon-dipped the cost is a as much as just buying the Kerscher/Reiger carbon one in the first place! It was around another £150 to hydro-dip...so around £300 mark all done.

Steve

ROBK75

Ready to race!
I've already had the side skirts painted red and the back diffuser done in gloss black (which I'm now thinking of changing to red, still not sure about that yet). I agree that if I do colour code the splitter then the small left / right spoilers will probably need to be done too, I'm not sure if that's the best way to go or to leave them alone and just stick a carbon splitter on like you have. No doubt whichever way I go I'll want to change it in about 3 months :rolleyes:

ROBK75

Ready to race!
I didn't spot you'd done sides already, so I'd go colour-coded on front!

Yes I've decided to go with the Maxton one, it's the cheapest and although the Kerscher and Rieger carbon one's are very nice, it's pointless spending twice as much on them if I'm going to get it colour coded.

You can actually order the Maxton one with a Red stripe on the front, so I think I'll go for that and see how it looks, might save me getting it resprayed!

Thanks for the advice Waggers :)