GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R 2016 - App Connect

colham

Ready to race!
I have actually asked for my money back for the car net and app connect as I can't now connect to car net at all. I'm fed up with it, it doesn't work and no one knows anything about it. As you say ColH, it's a shambles.

I've made it perfectly clear that it's unacceptable. To take 3 weeks to even ask the most basic questions is not right.

VW UK Customer Services are a joke. My 'case' seems to have now been assigned back to the second person who was involved. Being passed around from person to person, none of whom give two sh!ts about resolving it any time soon.

I can forgive the dealer as they are being mucked around as well. They need answers as its them that have to sell their crappy products with zero support!

Last edited:

colham

Ready to race!
No resolution here. No faults on diagnostics. Sat with the mechanic explaining everything and he's got no extra info, which puts the blame full on VW for a) not installing the software needed, and b) not giving support to dealerships.

Now want to book the car in for a couple of days (courtesy car to be arranged).

Expecting some recompense for the hassle, inconvenience and general crap from VW

colham

Ready to race!
And the next available slot with their master technician is 18th August, even if there's a fix, it can't be applied until then!

Tempted to tell them to stick it and return the car!

phphoto

Ready to race!
I would demand a refund for the Car-net App-connect, forget all about it and enjoy the car. That's what I'm intending to do.

colham

Ready to race!
Can you actually pay a dealer to activate this? I'm getting a Gtd with discover pro

If only you could :D

I've paid mine £100 for it, but its still not working! Still, at least I got to spend 15 mins with their Master Technician explaining what it was and how it should work :rolleyes:

colham

Ready to race!
Just got a call back from another "manager" at VW - now the 4th different one who is "owning" my case.

Funny how responsive they are when you comment on their sponsored tweets advertising new Golf deals!

Speedbird

Just got a call back from another "manager" at VW - now the 4th different one who is "owning" my case.

Funny how responsive they are when you comment on their sponsored tweets advertising new Golf deals!

The problem with the social media team who keep ringing me, is that they have less idea than the dealers!

snilloc23

The problem with the social media team who keep ringing me, is that they have less idea than the dealers!

At least you got a response out of them... Tweeted 3 times in the pace of a day and no response, shocking service in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

colham

Ready to race!
I swear I think I'm talking to myself when I speak to the muppets at VW Customer Services.

The latest one thinks the biggest problem I have is that the dealers can't book the car in until 18th August because for some strange reason, I can't do without a car for 2-3 days and need them to provide a courtesy car!!!

As I explained to him yesterday - even if the dealer could book the car in tomorrow, they have ZERO idea how to fix it!!!

Speedbird

I swear I think I'm talking to myself when I speak to the muppets at VW Customer Services.

The latest one thinks the biggest problem I have is that the dealers can't book the car in until 18th August because for some strange reason, I can't do without a car for 2-3 days and need them to provide a courtesy car!!!

As I explained to him yesterday - even if the dealer could book the car in tomorrow, they have ZERO idea how to fix it!!!

I had a call from my dealer yesterday. Looking at taking my car in on Thursday, as they've had some ideas from Germany that they want to try. Luckily my sales guy lives near-by so he usually drops the courtesy car off on the way home and takes mine in for me. Hopefully he can arrange the same this time.

colham

Ready to race!
According to Gary at VW Executive Office (the new owner of my case), the dealer still hasn't submitted the technical data that they were supposed to after the diagnostics done on my car on Saturday.

No reason why. VW's incompetence is truly staggering. I'm thankful that at this stage, there's nothing serious wrong with the car, as I'd hate to imagine the situation I'd be in with that.

Still, nothing will get done until I take the car back in on 18th August.

Quick point - for the avoidance of doubt, I class any business that puts a massive VW badge on the outside of their premises as "VW". So dealer, customer services etc are all one business as far as I am concerned.