GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Third party replacement 8" infotainment system?

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Looks like there is no anti-glare film on the screen either. That always bothered me about my old AudioSource unit. Hard to see during bright conditions.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I'd be interested if it's not insanely expensive. I like that it retains all the factory screens and interface. That makes it attractive to me.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I'd be interested if it's not insanely expensive. I like that it retains all the factory screens and interface. That makes it attractive to me.

I'd bet it's just around $500 with the map microSD included. I already shot off an email to them and am awaiting a reply.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Does this add Nav capability?

Capability is already there. But these places usually charge you for the MicroSD card with the map information of your country.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
My R has Nav already. Will this allow me to use the factory Nav like it does everything else, or do you think I would have to use their Nav?

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
My R has Nav already. Will this allow me to use the factory Nav like it does everything else, or do you think I would have to use their Nav?

Watching the video, he said it uses iGo maps -- which is what my AudioSource unit used.

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
I'd bet it's just around $500 with the map microSD included. I already shot off an email to them and am awaiting a reply.

This looks promising, I'd be interested in hearing how much they want for the system.

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Wow this looks awesome. If it's reasonably priced, I might need to grab one.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I just got an email back. They are $280 Wholesale from China. I messaged him back asking him how much for just one. :)

Also waiting to hear back about the Trim Panel for the Golf R.

Confirmed it does work with all of the car functions. (At least that's what he said.)