GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the Golf R & S3 Stage II ECU Upgrade & Quarter Mile Record!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

APR is pleased to announce the Stage II ECU Upgrade for the Golf R and S3 is now available for the North American market with other markets around the world to follow. APR’s Stage II ECU Upgrade is designed to work with APR’s upcoming Cast Downpipe Exhaust System and builds upon APR’s already incredible Stage I ECU Upgrade. When combined with APR’s Intake System, peak power and torque figures grow further over Stage I to produce an astonishing 382 horsepower and 387 ft-lbs of torque! The additional hardware and tuning allows the turbo to spool much sooner, and ultimately results in a gain of 36 horsepower over Stage I and a staggering 100 horsepower over stock! APR anticipates the new AWD Cast Downpipe System to be available later this year.

More charts

Wheel - Crank - Gain over Stock - 91 Octane High Output
Wheel - Crank - Gain over Stock - 93 Octane High Output
Wheel - Crank - Gain over Stock - 91 Octane Low Output
Wheel - Crank - Gain over Stock - 93 Octane Low Output

The additional power directly translates to a quicker vehicle in real world testing. APR was able to achieve a quarter mile pass of 12.8@105.7 MPH on an unmodified Golf R and as quick as 12.0@111.7 MPH at stage I with 93 octane fuel. By adding APR’s upcoming cast downpipe system, Stage II ECU Upgrade and 93 octane fuel, APR’s Golf R set a new stock turbo world record pass and shaved more than a second off of the stock time with an 11.7@114.4 MPH pass! This was achieved at Montgomery Motorsport Park in Alabama, an NHRA certified track, at full vehicle weight with APR 19x8.5 wheels and Michelin PSS tires.

APR’s Stage II ECU Upgrade intentionally limits peak torque in an effort to avoid factory clutch slip. As such, 93 octane Stage I and II ECU Upgrades make nearly the same midrange torque but differ in peak power. Also, due to reduced boost pressure, APR was to achieve similar torque figures with 91 and 93 octane. Reaching MBT on 93 octane negated the need for higher-octane software. For those looking for more modest gains, lower torque, and to further avoid clutch slip should the high output software offer too much, APR’s Stage 2 lower output software is available. The low output software offers nearly the same peak power and quicker spool, but with less midrange torque.

Read more on our product page!

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
Nice results! I'm curious why some R owners are having DSG clutch slip issues and GTI owners making more torque aren't? Is it because the R is AWD? Hopefully the DSG tune takes care of it. Any updates on when a DSG tune will be available?

GGray

Ready to race!
So theoretically if you pulled the transmission and had the clutch packs beefed up you could run more power torque through it? Or not which may be why the R400 has the 6MT.

nikhsub1

What?
OK my stage 2 opinion is that the hardware does more than the software. I've had the DP with stage 1 for about 5 weeks now - stage 2 tune seems just about the same to me as the stage 1 tune. When I put the DP in with the stage 1 tune, I immediately notice more power, quicker spooling and better throttle response. Maybe I'm nuts but this is what I feel thus far.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Of course you noticed an immediate difference. But you're not taking full advantage of the hardware without adjusting the software (aside from eliminating possible emissions-related CELs).

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I thought a DSG tune has NOTHING to do with clamping force, only quicker shifting. So you'll still be slipping, just for less time.