GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Old 12-12-2017, 04:09 PM   #1718
DanJoy

Drives: MK7 GTI Autobahn PP
ECS bracket bushings ordered haha. I needed to order replacement TTY hardware for the BFI trans mount I should have by the end of the week anyways. I ordered them on Black Friday and they originally was supposed to ship on the 5th, then I got an email that they were shipping on the 22nd, and finally yesterday I got shipping confirmation.
DanJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:05 PM   #1719
Jay745

Drives: K04 mk6 gti, mk5 rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJoy View Post
ECS bracket bushings ordered haha. I needed to order replacement TTY hardware for the BFI trans mount I should have by the end of the week anyways. I ordered them on Black Friday and they originally was supposed to ship on the 5th, then I got an email that they were shipping on the 22nd, and finally yesterday I got shipping confirmation.
Everyones behind. I ordered $250 worth of oem bolts black friday and they just showed up yesterday.

Hit me up for Vagcom or DSG Service in Chicago (Cheaper than dealer/indie)
Jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:15 PM   #1720
DanJoy

I’ve never had much bad to say about ECS, but their “in stock” statuses on their site are kind of bullshit. The bolts showed that they were in stock and shipping same day so I paid a little extra for ground vs economy shipping to have them by the weekend. Seconds after ordering the status changed and now they’re supposed to ship tomorrow. Coming from Ohio they should still be here on time but it’s a minor annoyance.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:17 PM   #1721
RoyB

Drives: '15 Golf arrrr
ECS fucked me on a radiator once. I haven't used them since.
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:59 AM   #1722
DanJoy

Mounts arrived today. I was real confused since the tracking link sent me to fedex where I kept getting an invalid tracking number message. Plugged the number into UPS and it shows they were delivered today. Hopefully the hardware is here by Saturday as I’d like to do the engine and transmission mount at the same time.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:59 PM   #1723
Jay745

Quote:
Mounts arrived today. I was real confused since the tracking link sent me to fedex where I kept getting an invalid tracking number message. Plugged the number into UPS and it shows they were delivered today. Hopefully the hardware is here by Saturday as Id like to do the engine and transmission mount at the same time.
Which mounts did you go with?

Old 12-14-2017, 04:24 PM   #1724
DanJoy

BFI stage one engine and transmission. Glad I went that route after seeing a few of those CTS and 034 engine mounts snapping on the MQB page. For Black Friday ECS had the transmission mount for 15% off like BFI did but it was still somehow $20 less than at BFI so overall I saved 20% on the set. Looks like the bushings and hardware will be here Monday so that sucks.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #1725
Jay745

Quote:
BFI stage one engine and transmission. Glad I went that route after seeing a few of those CTS and 034 engine mounts snapping on the MQB page. For Black Friday ECS had the transmission mount for 15% off like BFI did but it was still somehow $20 less than at BFI so overall I saved 20% on the set. Looks like the bushings and hardware will be here Monday so that sucks.
Nice. I have a bfi stage 1 trans mount on my rabbit. BFI stage 2 engine/trans for the gti. I think they have some of the better mounts out of the rest I've seen. You'll like them, completely changes the way the power is put down.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:57 PM   #1726
DanJoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay745 View Post
Nice. I have a bfi stage 1 trans mount on my rabbit. BFI stage 2 engine/trans for the gti. I think they have some of the better mounts out of the rest I've seen. You'll like them, completely changes the way the power is put down.
Most of the reviews seem pretty good. I had a threaded rod and some hockey pucks for a motor mount on a previous car so my standards for acceptable NVH are pretty low hahaha.
Old Today, 03:46 AM   #1727
DanJoy

Motor mount in, feels great. Didn’t realize how much the stock mount let the motor flop around. Aaaand the replacement hardware for the trans mount was delivered 30 minutes after I got the car off jack stands.

Tags
#assman, #mudrunz, mk6 > *, mk7 = teh slow, mk7r is the best, tunarapedme@woodmans