GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis - Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GOLFMK7. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GOLFMK7 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK7 so we can keep this place running!

Old 01-02-2018, 03:13 PM   #35
MonkeyMD

Drives: 2016 VW Golf Tsi S Manual
Awesome response.

So what did your alignment front and rear look line with the mounts?
MonkeyMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:16 PM   #36
typeone

Drives: 2015 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMD View Post
Awesome response.

+1 was going to ask the same thing.
typeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:48 PM   #37
034Motorsport

Drives: MkVII GTI, Dacia Sandero
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMD View Post
Awesome response.

I believe these are from the most recent alignment on the car. The rear has quite a bit of camber adjustment available via the eccentric bolt as well.

Front:
-2.6į Camber
7.6į Caster
0.4mm Toe

Rear:
-1.8į Camber
1.8mm Toe

YouTube // Instagram // Facebook
034Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:50 PM   #38
flipflp

Drives: 2016 Golf R DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 034Motorsport View Post
I think some more reviews will be coming in soon, as we've shipped a ton of these (figuratively, an actual ton would be a whole lot of mounts) in the past few weeks!

As long as you have a proper alignment otherwise with minimal toe up front, the additional tire wear will be insignificant. I have been running the Dynamic+ Camber Mounts in my GTI since July, and actually have more even tire wear overall, since the outers were getting chewed up on track from a lack of negative camber with the stock mounts.

The car is superb when driving on the street, and is much more responsive to steering inputs.

Hope that helps!
Not sure if you are the one that responded to my email through your website, but either way I've placed my order for these front mounts as well as a set of the HD rear mounts to assemble my new suspension. Because of New Years/holidays I'm not sure when all of my parts are going to be here but I will definitely give a review once they are installed.

If they do what they say they do, they are half the cost adjustable mounts and should be 100 times quieter and more durable. When you consider how difficult it is to adjust camber with plates unless you cut the strut tops, and the costs of other options to get another -1+ degree camber, these are a bargain.

I'm expecting similar camber specs to what you posted too, right now I'm about -1.1 degrees up front and -1.8 in the rear (last alignment, been a while) but I plan on keeping rear alignment similar and toe fairly neutral/stock spec.
flipflp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:09 AM   #39
SlowJim

Drives: 16 Golf R DSG
I had these installed yesterday. Have not had an alignment yet. Used new OE strut bearings. Little bit of noise over bumps but it's not bad at all. No change in tire/road noise.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:15 AM   #40
flipflp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowJim View Post
I had these installed yesterday. Have not had an alignment yet. Used new OE strut bearings. Little bit of noise over bumps but it's not bad at all. No change in tire/road noise.
What's your little bit of noise? Not squeaks I assume?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2018, 04:24 AM   #41
SlowJim

Not squeaks, more of a quiet thunk over bumps, it's honestly barely noticeable. I think it may be due to the fact that the diameter of the strut bearing is about 1mm smaller than the diameter of the bottom of the strut mount so it may rattle around a bit. It's 100% silent in normal driving

Last edited by SlowJim; 01-13-2018 at 12:24 AM.
SlowJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:27 AM   #42
flipflp

Quote:
Not sure, it's honestly barely noticeable. I think it may be due to the fact that the diameter of the strut bearing is about 1mm smaller than the diameter of the bottom of the strut mount so it may rattle around a bit. It's 100% silent in normal driving
I got my mounts on Friday and I noticed the bearing and mount aren't a tight fit, but I figured when they got assembled and tensioned they'd be fine. Can't wait to get mine installed!

Old 01-08-2018, 08:27 AM   #43
snobrdrdan

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Not sure, it's honestly barely noticeable. I think it may be due to the fact that the diameter of the strut bearing is about 1mm smaller than the diameter of the bottom of the strut mount so it may rattle around a bit. It's 100% silent in normal driving
Hmm...some things never change then.
It was like that on the MK6 mounts too:

On another note....just the mounts with stock suspension, or are you running other upgrades?
Old 01-09-2018, 02:57 AM   #44
SlowJim

I am on stock springs and a Superpro rear sway bar
Old 01-12-2018, 04:46 PM   #45
034Motorsport

Drives: MkVII GTI, Dacia Sandero
Thank you for all of the orders! We still have 5 pairs of Dynamic+ Camber Mounts for the Mk7 Volkswagen Golf/GTI/R in stock and ready to ship! Place your order before they're gone, and make your next track day or autocross event the best one yet.

YouTube // Instagram // Facebook
034Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:00 AM   #46
Unreal1

Drives: 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Quote:
Any noticeable improvement in cornering or steering feel?
Unreal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:25 AM   #47
SlowJim

I am getting aligned Monday and will report back after that
Old 01-13-2018, 12:27 AM   #48
flipflp

I've got an appointment tomorrow for my install with bilsteins on ED springs, with an alignment. I'll report back as soon as I can. I hope to give the car a good thrashing on Sunday as well
flipflp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #49
Beaker

Drives: 2016 VW Golf R, 2016 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Z06
Are these compatible with the MSS springs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:32 PM   #50
flipflp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Are these compatible with the MSS springs?

Pretty sure 034 says on the site that they are compatible with any suspension that uses OEM mounts. As long as your springs/coilovers use the stock mounts they would work.

Just got back from a quick Little Tujunga Canyon run and the car worked great. I'll give a better write up when I'm at a computer tomorrow, but short story: I love the added camber, and the road noise isn't bad at all. Some very low speed noise, but not consistent. I think these mounts give you everything a camber plate setup gives without the noise and concern for spherical bearing wear or failure. Well done 034.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:50 PM   #51
Beaker

Drives: 2016 VW Golf R, 2016 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Z06
Yeah Iím not sure. I donít have the springs yet but itís a route Iím considering along with these so just wanted to be sure.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote