GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > GTD Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-09-2016, 05:12 PM   #18
waggers

Drives: Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic, GTD, TT Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sootchucker View Post
Waggers, question for you please.

My question is more to do with VW and PCP. Strictly the car still belongs to VW finance so would this be allowed, or could the "old" rear section be fitted back just before handing the car back (if that's what I do) with a clamp etc and refit of the standard GTD diffuser ?

I assume as you did yours you purchased it outright and not on a PCP ? If you are on a PCP, and comments form the dealers when you have taken the car in for a service / warranty etc ?
I bought mine on PCP originally to get the 3 year service plan but then moved it to a personal loan within a couple of months to halve the interest % :-) . Still have the Service plan retained .

TBH I've not really heard of anyone seeing a PCP to the end and handing it back. I've always treated it as 'mine' from the start and done whatever I've wanted to it.

It went in for its first service at the end of January. No comment upon return from service or warranty flags other than 'Nice looking car...'. Pedal box left turned-on and re-map intact. No discussion on respect to warranty but I wouldn't expect unless a claim was made!

In respect to the rear exhaust it's straight swap of a straight-through rear section with no silencer (per standard Sport & Sound Active exhaust) so I'd have the debate on the warranty question if they raised that about the exhaust.

If you want it...just do it!

Steve
2014 GTD 5dr 6mt - Pure White, 19" Santiagos, Sport & Sound with Kufatec, Milltek Rear, Leather, Discovery Media, Stage1 Carbon Chip Map (221bhp/500nm), Pedal Box, TT Short-Shift with 42 DD, VWR Springs, 034, 12mm/15mm Spacers
waggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #19
Sootchucker

Drives: Golf 7 5 door GTD - DSG Carbon Grey Metallic
Cheers Steve, just what I wanted to hear.
Sootchucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:59 AM   #20
Sootchucker

Drives: Golf 7 5 door GTD - DSG Carbon Grey Metallic
Waggers, another quick question i I may.

Talking about the GTI rear lower diffuser that would need to be installed, is it just the actual diffuser that's needed or are there an array of brackets and clips that also need to be purchased as well please ?
Sootchucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:25 AM   #21
waggers

Just the OEM GTI diffuser part number:V5G6 807 568 F9 B9 @ 74.20. Direct swap of existing with same fixings - no additional parts required. The exhaust guys changed it over (5mins) whilst fitting the new rear section.

Steve
2014 GTD 5dr 6mt - Pure White, 19" Santiagos, Sport & Sound with Kufatec, Milltek Rear, Leather, Discovery Media, Stage1 Carbon Chip Map (221bhp/500nm), Pedal Box, TT Short-Shift with 42 DD, VWR Springs, 034, 12mm/15mm Spacers
Old 03-11-2016, 11:51 AM   #22
Jlungo

Drives: 2015 GTI SE Manual 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBK75 View Post
Well had this fitted today, I'm still not 100% sold on it, I like it from some angles but think it looks a bit much from others, I think I'm going to get the top side of it painted red to match the car, just the bit which protrudes out and slopes down, leaving the underneath part black.

What do you guys think?
Nah dont worry, looks rly good

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
2015 GTI SE 6 Speed Manual 2- Door Deep Black Pearl with LP | IS38 | APR IS38 93Oct Tune | APR Down Pipe | APR Intake | Wagner Intercooler | Remus Cat Back Exhaust | CTS Crank Pulley | 034 Mount | Neuspeed 25mm Rear Sway Bar | Neuspeed End Links | Neuspeed Race Springs | Southbend Stage III Endurance Clutch | Wavetrac Limited Slip Differential | OZ Leggera 18x8 et48 Black Gloss | Michelin PSS 225/40ZR-18
Jlungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:03 PM   #23
Evan Beresford

Drives: Mk7 GTD
Rob

I noticed in previous comments that you had a non resonated system, what difference has this made to the sound if any? And do you have the sport and sound pack?

I was possibly thinking about doing the same as waggers @ amd Essex was they any good waggers?

Thanks
Evan Beresford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:57 PM   #24
ROBK75

Drives: Golf Mk7 GTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Beresford View Post
Rob

I noticed in previous comments that you had a non resonated system, what difference has this made to the sound if any? And do you have the sport and sound pack?

I was possibly thinking about doing the same as waggers @ amd Essex was they any good waggers?

Thanks
Hi Evan,
No I don't have the sport and sound pack, just the non resonated Milltek exhaust. To be honest I was a bit disappointed with the noise when I first drove it, I'm not sure what I was expecting but the difference was negligible, I suppose I should have known better with it being a Diesel.

However I've noticed over time the sound does seem to have increased a bit, especially if I've been driving on the motorway and it's warmed up. It's still not loud but it does have a bit of a deeper sound at low revs, and it definitely seems to rev cleaner throughout the range and gives the car a bit oomph. Plus the pipes look much better than the standard ones.
ROBK75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:56 PM   #25
Evan Beresford

Drives: Mk7 GTD
Rob

Is yours just the rear section or full exhaust change? And I know the standard exhaust on the gtd is just doesn't stand out enough.

Evan
Evan Beresford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:26 PM   #26
ROBK75

Drives: Golf Mk7 GTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Beresford View Post
Rob

Is yours just the rear section or full exhaust change? And I know the standard exhaust on the gtd is just doesn't stand out enough.

Evan
It's the Cat back section Evan, No.4 on this link:

http://m.millteksport.com/exhaust.pr...variantid=1442
ROBK75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:35 AM   #27
golfhappy

Drives: 2014 mk7 GTD
Mines like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/End-pipe-s...wAAOSwFMZWtIPM got this one from Germany, made an offer and they accepted, can't remember how much.Had a miltek dpf back on a mk6 and as ROBK75 says not much noise difference hence this system.
golfhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #28
LexGTD

Drives: VW Golf GTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBK75 View Post
No pretty straightforward, just clips on in place of the original.
Rob, Quick question..

You brought the miltek cat back right?
What do think of it?
What's the sound like?
and also do is pop like a gti at high revs?

Thinking to buy the carbon black one
LexGTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #29
MrPotatoHead

Drives: Mk7 Tornado Red GTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexGTD View Post
Rob, Quick question..

You brought the miltek cat back right?
What do think of it?
What's the sound like?
and also do is pop like a gti at high revs?

Thinking to buy the carbon black one
Hi Lex, I've got the same at Rob just a GTi style dual exits instead. Looks wise its spot on, noise wise I'm finding it just gives a nicer deep "burble" with a nicer note as you accelerate. It certainly doesn't pop like a petrol. When it gets hot after a really good run out the noise is much better. Unfortunately we're still stuck with the rattle of the diesel up front drowning the exhaust note.

Cheers,

Mike.
MrPotatoHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:27 AM   #30
waggers

Hey i've never had any issues with dealers or techs only compliments. I've never got around to handing a car back at end of PCP to be honest but trade-ins have been no issue even within warranty period. For the exhaust you're replacing a straight through exit pipe with the same albeit swapping to twin exit so no effect on engine or exhaust system. Just do what you need to do to please you and if unsure keep the old parts to re-instate at end of PCP.

Have fun

Steve