GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > MK7 vs......

Old 03-21-2017, 01:12 AM   #18
rejectri

Drives: 2015 mk7 dsg 2dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by gti330ex View Post
Good stuff! I went 13.6 at 105/6 with same 60' times. I'll need to go as soon as the track opens up in about a week or so while the temps are still doable.
manual trans?
rejectri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:32 AM   #19
gti330ex

Drives: golf
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaDad View Post
Well...without wheel hop, it's wheel spin. At least with "launch control" on. You've still gotta feather it quite a bit until the top of second. At least you do with jb1 power levels and stock tires, so I would assume it's even worse at full stage 1 93.
Stock (A/S p7's) or summer MPSS is the same squat from the dig when you have a tune. That right foot control is the key though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rejectri View Post
manual trans?
DSG

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
gti330ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:21 AM   #20
RedShft

Drives: MK7 GTI Sport DSG, GD3 Honda Fit Sport 5-spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaDad View Post
Well...without wheel hop, it's wheel spin. At least with "launch control" on. You've still gotta feather it quite a bit until the top of second. At least you do with jb1 power levels and stock tires, so I would assume it's even worse at full stage 1 93.
True. I don't mind negotiating wheel spin. The violent hopping just takes the fun out of it.
RedShft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:06 AM   #21
rejectri

yea ive even have had some traction issues where I do a 500ft burnout and my car thinks its going 100MPH (because wheels just keep spinning)...... dont use stock launch control with anything above 230HP your car will go crazy.

Even with feathering the launch these things have mounds of tq tuned, i have no idea how anybody pulls under a 2.00 60'ft on stock tires

I want to go up to the track again this year but I feel like something will snap, any axle upgrades for us? Or just stiffen the suspension
Old 03-21-2017, 03:20 AM   #22
Obsrvr

Drives: MK7 GTI
Your not going to snap an axle just from torque and drag radials or slicks, especially with a dsg. Unless you are talking about wheel hop- that could certainly break something sooner or later.
Obsrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #23
rejectri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsrvr View Post
Your not going to snap an axle just from torque and drag radials or slicks, especially with a dsg. Unless you are talking about wheel hop- that could certainly break something sooner or later.
yes, the violence of the wheelhop