GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old Yesterday, 05:27 AM   #1072
mattkime

Drives: Alltrack S (2017)
Hrm, I'm definitely not crazy about this - there's a bit more resistance in the last bit of pushing the pedal to the metal - and pushing into this seems cause a gear shift. Hence my logs where i vary between 98 and 100.

My first logging attempt - got it in 3rd, 1500ish rpm, DSG shifter pushed to the right. Pedal to the metal - it shifts into 2nd at high rpm. wtf?
Old Yesterday, 06:44 AM   #1073
ChrisTsi

Drives: Golf 2016 1.8 TSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkime View Post
Hrm, I'm definitely not crazy about this - there's a bit more resistance in the last bit of pushing the pedal to the metal - and pushing into this seems cause a gear shift. Hence my logs where i vary between 98 and 100.

My first logging attempt - got it in 3rd, 1500ish rpm, DSG shifter pushed to the right. Pedal to the metal - it shifts into 2nd at high rpm. wtf?
press the pedal max before the click. if you notice theirs a click if you go deep enough on the pedal. Clicking that click will cause the car to downshift gears.
Golf Mk7 1.8 TSI // Michelin A/S 3 225/40/18 // Custom Straightpipe Catback // S Line Rims // JB4 Map 6 @20 PSI // VWR Springs // White Fog Lights // Euro Taillights // LED license Plate lights // BMS intake + turbo inlet // 034 Dogbone Insert V2//
ChrisTsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:59 AM   #1074
Gawernator

Drives: '17 Wolfsburg 1.8T; '15 ZX6R Racebike (x2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTsi View Post
press the pedal max before the click. if you notice theirs a click if you go deep enough on the pedal. Clicking that click will cause the car to downshift gears.
So if you push it all the way down but not hard enough to click the kick down switch are you still at 100%?
Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors: JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | Bridgestone | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM   #1075
ChrisTsi

Drives: Golf 2016 1.8 TSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawernator View Post
So if you push it all the way down but not hard enough to click the kick down switch are you still at 100%?
yes because for me it says 100% throttle and I'm just right above the click. 6speed automatic.
Golf Mk7 1.8 TSI // Michelin A/S 3 225/40/18 // Custom Straightpipe Catback // S Line Rims // JB4 Map 6 @20 PSI // VWR Springs // White Fog Lights // Euro Taillights // LED license Plate lights // BMS intake + turbo inlet // 034 Dogbone Insert V2//
ChrisTsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM   #1076
TwinDad

Drives: 2016 sportwagen
That's the kick down switch. You can go right to it without pressure a difference still be 100%. Once you're over 4,300 or so you can push all the way
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM   #1077
Gawernator

Drives: '17 Wolfsburg 1.8T; '15 ZX6R Racebike (x2)
Good to know
Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors: JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | Bridgestone | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #1078
Ironshade

Drives: 2015 GSW 1.8tsi 5MT JB4+is20
Kick down switch is for noobs. Disconnect it and no more problems
Ironshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM   #1079
boomvw

Or get the dsg tune and have the kickdown switch disabled!
boomvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM   #1080
Gro Harlem

Drives: '16 GSW LE, '15 WRX, '12 TDI (sold back)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshade View Post
My golf vs built motor STI FP blue turbo FBO EWG, vs Bolt on 2jz supra(he started late) vs FBO built motor EWG STI (cameracar)

https://instagram.com/p/BYExLE9nnGqf...CWCx4sFHpry80/
I love it! Looks to me like you were pulling on all of them and might have let off early at the end? The supra might have been gaining overall but the two STI's got focked for sure.

Makes me feel better about my decision to sell my 2015 WRX. I see little reason to keep that car seeing how my Golf can be made faster for less than half the money I spent on the Subie.
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM   #1081
Gro Harlem

Drives: '16 GSW LE, '15 WRX, '12 TDI (sold back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkime View Post

I don't have a DSG but I'm pretty sure its programmed similarly. I had this happen when I did a log last week, it shifted into FIRST when I floored it with the shift level over to the right.

I've found that shifting it to the manual mode and then downshifting from 6th to 3rd seems to hold your RPM's when you floor it. If you are up-shifting it in manual-mode from a standstill it seems to want to auto-upshift for you for some reason
Old Today, 02:19 AM   #1082
mattkime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gro Harlem View Post
I don't have a DSG but I'm pretty sure its programmed similarly. I had this happen when I did a log last week, it shifted into FIRST when I floored it with the shift level over to the right.

I've found that shifting it to the manual mode and then downshifting from 6th to 3rd seems to hold your RPM's when you floor it. If you are up-shifting it in manual-mode from a standstill it seems to want to auto-upshift for you for some reason
Yeah, that sounds about right.
Old Today, 02:23 AM   #1083
MeltedSolid

Drives: Mk7 Golf TSI Launch Edition
The kickdown switch has priority over everything, so the lever being to the right won't matter.
2015 TSI Launch Edition | Deep Black | 5-spd manual | APR Stage 1 + JB4 + IS20 swap | DIY Turbo Muffler Delete | 17" Enkei RPF1's | 034 dogbone insert V1 | BC Racing BR series Coilovers | ST 25mm rear sway bar | DIY HD Clutch Stop |
MeltedSolid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:40 AM   #1084
mattkime

While I'm having fun exploring what jb4 can do, I'm also concerned about the longevity of my turbo and engine. I'm not a track guy - just a little spirited driving here and there. Is there anything to be concerned with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk