GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > MK7 vs......

Old 11-12-2017, 10:26 PM   #1
ironmb

Drives: MK7 GTI
GTi is38 vs 392 scatpack

Fbo/tuned both cars.

https://youtu.be/6hzRGPSzRRY
Old 11-12-2017, 10:35 PM   #2
Reggie Enchilada

Nice run
Old 11-14-2017, 01:27 AM   #3
Digilio86

Drives: 16 FBO IS38 GTI 2 Door DSG
Did you get your issues resolved? How is the meth stack working for you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Digilio86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:45 AM   #4
ironmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digilio86 View Post
Did you get your issues resolved? How is the meth stack working for you ?

Nah, this was the night my car started misfiring bad, the ECM is cutting off cylinders 1 and 4, make it stall out. I'm working with a friend who is a VW mechanic.

I'm not gonna stack meth, the lack of information from Unitronic, and BMS has given me a bad taste in my mouth about both of them. Once unitronic confirmed it wasn't their tune causing issues; i've received, for the lack of better words, complete shit answers from them. As soon as this is up and running i will be going pro-tune and getting off their flash asap. I had a boost malfuction detection error since flashing to stage 2 on is20 with unitronic and they still didn't help me remedy the issue. Which IMO is 100% bullshit considering ive paid them over 2000$ in tunes alone and have gotten customers to buy their tunes as well locally.

/rant over lol
Old 11-14-2017, 03:52 AM   #5
KASPER

Drives: 17 MK7R dsg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmb View Post
Nah, this was the night my car started misfiring bad, the ECM is cutting off cylinders 1 and 4, make it stall out. I'm working with a friend who is a VW mechanic.

I'm not gonna stack meth, the lack of information from Unitronic, and BMS has given me a bad taste in my mouth about both of them. Once unitronic confirmed it wasn't their tune causing issues; i've received, for the lack of better words, complete shit answers from them. As soon as this is up and running i will be going pro-tune and getting off their flash asap. I had a boost malfuction detection error since flashing to stage 2 on is20 with unitronic and they still didn't help me remedy the issue. Which IMO is 100% bullshit considering ive paid them over 2000$ in tunes alone and have gotten customers to buy their tunes as well locally.

/rant over lol
I donít blame you, it sucks when you spend good $$$ and get bs or the silent treatment if you have an issue. Itís amazing to me how many companies never think about return business or word of mouth sales. The web is great for info but nothing like when you actually run into a satisfied customer face to face if you happen to be on the fence while researching your own options, itís like they forget, a happy customer will even unintentionally send sales your way, a pissed off one will cost you way more by simply telling others of their lousy experience.

Anyway, good luck, hope ya get it all settled!
Old 11-14-2017, 05:02 AM   #6
ironmb

I agree wholeheartedly Kasper. My experience with Unitronic has been utter garbage, honestly. The dealers i have delt with are great, and they are very polite, but anything that pops up that requires looking into by Unitronic has been a headache. John literally sounds so damn bitter when he calls you. Initially when I contacted him through email, i got vague answers and just overall avoidance, until i proclaimed i have spent way too much money to be cold-shouldered by them and not help resolve the issues i had after flashing my car with their tune. Once he called me and we selected the right file (not the CAL) file, the car started. I asked him "if i clear the fault codes, and reflash the car, it still shows EVERY single fault code after i have CLEARED, and REFLASHED the car", he then proceeded to say -- John: "what are you trying to say?, what are you really wanting to get at here?"

I'm thinking -- " I want the damn fault codes gone, why is this such a hassle????", to my dismay i literally said "why are the fault codes still showing up after i clear them, and reflash the car, without starting it, it still sees all the fault codes i already cleared." He literally had no answer for it.

In short, i will pay a hefty $$$ amount to be tuned off the ROM, i even might try Eurodyne from the good things i see on these forums. But some of these companies lack the core understanding that CUSTOMERS employ them.

/another rant over
Old 11-14-2017, 05:20 AM   #7
Johnpaul

Drives: VW GTI
Quote:

But some of these companies lack the core understanding that CUSTOMERS employ them.
I could not agree with you more! I have dealt with many companies and so few seem to understand that the customer is the only reason they have a job.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:00 AM   #8
Mk7GTl

Drives: 2016|GTI|S|PP|LP|IS38|FBO|
Good run. Did you brake boost? I don't think so you sorta stayed back Always brake boost on those big V8's haha
Old 11-14-2017, 02:01 PM   #9
Digilio86

Drives: 16 FBO IS38 GTI 2 Door DSG
Sorry to hear that, good luck getting it all sorted.

Digilio86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #10
ironmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk7GTl View Post
Good run. Did you brake boost? I don't think so you sorta stayed back Always brake boost on those big V8's haha
Ya i brake boosted but he jumped the 3rd honk.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #11
SkiZZy

Drives: 2017 GTI S DSG
Quote:
Ya i brake boosted but he jumped the 3rd honk.
He jumped it bad and still took the L!