GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 11-12-2017, 03:27 AM   #1
Mk7munkie

Drives: 2017 Golf 1.8t Stage 2 UNItronic, 1983 Rabbit
Water meth

Just bought my Stage 2 Snow Performance, just wondering if anyone else is running it and where’s the best mounting? I was thinking hatch because I am trying to go stealth water meth and I pull seats for racetrack. Any ideas or pics would be appreciated thanks.
Mk7munkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:01 AM   #2
jvjump1

Drives: vw golf
On my tdi had my stage 3 snow all mounted in hatch and pump in spare tire hole. I now have and r and going to use windshield washer fluid tank under hood and jb 4 to control pump
jvjump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:03 AM   #3
GIACUser

Drives: EFR 7163 MKV GTI
Just an FYI, Methanol is rather toxic, oderless and very volitile so you will be breathing it if you don't vent the reservoir to the outside. Long term exposure in an enclosed area can cause serious health issues from liver, kidney damage to cancer. Mounting in cabin area where you share air with the methanol storage reservoir means you are getting exposure. Just get a proper reservoir, check it for leaks, especially if you are using push to connect fittings. and vent the reservoir to the outside. This stuff seems almost harmless but it is quite toxic and should be handled with care. Because this stuff is not noxious like gasoline people have no idea they are being exposed really. Even when filling my W/M tank or mixing, I wear disposible gloves to avoid skin contact and always do it outside. Sorry for the public service announcement but I see a lot of folks treating this stuff like it is just water at their own peril.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #4
Slick99

Drives: 2015 A3 1.8TFSI DSG7 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk7munkie View Post
Just bought my Stage 2 Snow Performance, just wondering if anyone else is running it and where’s the best mounting? I was thinking hatch because I am trying to go stealth water meth and I pull seats for racetrack. Any ideas or pics would be appreciated thanks.

better to get it in the trunk, those methanol fume are unpleasant. i cud smell 10 ft away when my friend open the bottle of methanol.

VCDS tweaks visual parking aid, needle sweep & oil temp on DIS
Slick99 is offline   Reply With Quote