GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > GTI Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 09-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #35
034Motorsport

Drives: MkVII GTI, Dacia Sandero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk7GTl View Post
Why do your dog bone inserts bend so much? I'm on my third one. Have you guys thought about making it slightly thicker or using different type of material?
Some bending is expected over time. It does not reduce the benefits the insert provides. I have had one installed in my Mk7 Golf R for over 40k miles with minimal bending. Still works just fine. Also mine was the first revision and was installed practically when we released the product. If you have any issues, plase feel free to PM me or email contact@034motorsport.com.

Thanks,

Bradd@034

YouTube // Instagram // Facebook
034Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:29 PM   #36
034Motorsport

Drives: MkVII GTI, Dacia Sandero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk7GTl View Post
Why do your dog bone inserts bend so much? I'm on my third one. Have you guys thought about making it slightly thicker or using different type of material?
Some deformation of the Dogbone Mount Insert after installation is normal - there is a gap between the center of the factory mount and the insert to account for manufacturing tolerances of the factory cast aluminum and molded rubber.

Once installed, the insert will bend slightly towards the center portion of the factory dogbone mount, but will still reduce the overall movement in the dogbone mount by the thickness of the billet aluminum insert, as intended. Making the piece thicker can affect the installation process and introduce more NVH into the cabin than desired.

The Dogbone Mount Insert also features a lifetime warranty against cracking/failure.

YouTube // Instagram // Facebook
034Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #37
Mk7GTl

Drives: 2016|GTI|S|PP|LP|IS38|FBO|
Quote:
Originally Posted by 034Motorsport View Post
Some bending is expected over time. It does not reduce the benefits the insert provides. I have had one installed in my Mk7 Golf R for over 40k miles with minimal bending. Still works just fine. Also mine was the first revision and was installed practically when we released the product. If you have any issues, plase feel free to PM me or email contact@034motorsport.com.

Thanks,

Bradd@034
The way my inserts bend... you gotta fight for it to come off and pop the new one in. You can actually feel the difference from a new insert vs a totally bent one and believe me on that. I recently upgraded my engine/trans mounts and installed a new insert a few weeks ago.. so far its great and hasn't bent.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:33 PM   #38
seanmcd

Drives: 2016 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ GTI View Post
This was second hand btw for what it's worth. I can't say what would happen if it was brand new.
Might have helped to have known that in the beginning...

Two thumbs up for 034 replying to this thread - I'm going to be getting one of these shortly and will post pics.
seanmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:37 PM   #39
Gawernator

Drives: '17 Wolfsburg 1.8T; '15 ZX6R Racebike (x2)
Okay that changes things
Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors: JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | Bridgestone | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:41 AM   #40
Cw6mt mKviGLi

Drives: 2017 GTi
I agree, being a used unit that changes things. But MissLauren mentioned the back and forth stuff, what was the issue here with getting it resolved later versus sooner?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Cw6mt mKviGLi is offline   Reply With Quote