GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > MK7 vs......

Old 09-11-2017, 07:54 PM   #1
ML1234

Drives: 2016 GTI IS38 APR TUNE DSG
IS38 APR DSG VS 2012 CAMARO SS 6 speed

A lot of people I have been racing must just lie about their mods. He says it was stock....... My friend who has a giac stage 2 mk6 stock turbo dsg gti thats pretty quick and the camaro dusted him like how I would If i were to race him. So me and the camaro do a 35 roll and I spin crazy and am 1 car and a half back and took him by 2 cars by 120. We raced again from a 60 and destroyed him by 2 cars by top of 3rd. I have raced those camaros before and destroyed them stage 2. I was just so confused at what he had maybe nos. def did not have a cam. I was just blown away.
ML1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:59 PM   #2
Digilio86

Drives: 16 FBO IS38 GTI 2 Door DSG
Factory freaks aren't a myth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Digilio86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:08 AM   #3
Zx2man

Drives: 2017 Gti sport
Yes factory freaks exist. But im gonna say hes probably bulshiting u on his mods.
A is38 apr 370+ whp 3000 lb gti should pull HARD on stock gen 5 camaro.....LOL
Old 09-13-2017, 05:46 AM   #4
Gawernator

Drives: '17 Wolfsburg 1.8T; '15 ZX6R Racebike (x2)
What's factory freak?
Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors: JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | Bridgestone | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:44 AM   #5
KASPER

Drives: 17 MK7R dsg
A better than the average version of the same model bone stock car off the factory assembly line. One that just performs better than its 5-10-50,000 brothers, they're out there, usually it doesn't matter much on perf cars as most are modded anyway.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:49 PM   #6
Hoon

Drives: '17 GTI Sport DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawernator View Post
What's factory freak?
A myth that despite modern manufacturing tolerances and QC, some cars are significantly faster than others right off the showroom floor.

It's complete BS. There are always factors that explain it, like variations in density altitude, driver skill, maintenance, etc.

As for the OP, a stock 5th gen will trap 109-111, which is a damn good race with a stage 2 GTI.

Sounds like you beat a lot of drivers.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:01 PM   #7
tknj99

Drives: 2017 MK7 SE 6MT

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I may keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride! - Amen!!!!
tknj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:49 PM   #8
Zx2man

Drives: 2017 Gti sport
That poster was fitting years ago. But that new a alpha chasis m6 camaro is dam nice car.
Bro in law has a 2016 SS, and it is a joy to ride in. Chevy got it right, and the lt1 engine borrowed from the corvette has just so much linear power. Oh it can handle too

I would have 0 issues owning one.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:28 PM   #9
tknj99

Drives: 2017 MK7 SE 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zx2man View Post
That poster was fitting years ago. But that new a alpha chasis m6 camaro is dam nice car.
Bro in law has a 2016 SS, and it is a joy to ride in. Chevy got it right, and the lt1 engine borrowed from the corvette has just so much linear power. Oh it can handle too

Yea I hear you.. i guess my tastes have changed overall from my 20's and 30's when I really wanted a Corvette and kept holding off.. these days when I see these souped up muscle cars, ie, Camaro SS, Mustang, Challenger, Corvette, etc... they just look too much in your face trying to get attention.. I enjoy the subtle appearance of our cars along with their utility and the fact that they can do it all for a fraction of the cost. Now high end German cars, Audi/BMW/Porsche, etc.. they have it going on! but still not worth the cost proposition for me atleast.

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I may keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride! - Amen!!!!
tknj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:42 PM   #10
N2fastcars

Drives: 15 GTI S 6MT, 2002 Mustang Gt Auto Vortech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zx2man View Post

I agree 100%! I have a neighbor that has a 16 SS that is all black and is very clean and low key in my opinion. And I would still love a 15 Z28!!!
N2fastcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #11
vincevtr

Drives: 2017 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Yea I hear you.. i guess my tastes have changed overall from my 20's and 30's when I really wanted a Corvette and kept holding off.. these days when I see these souped up muscle cars, ie, Camaro SS, Mustang, Challenger, Corvette, etc... they just look too much in your face trying to get attention.. I enjoy the subtle appearance of our cars along with their utility and the fact that they can do it all for a fraction of the cost. Now high end German cars, Audi/BMW/Porsche, etc.. they have it going on! but still not worth the cost proposition for me atleast.
yea i wanted a challenger growing up, but the tunability, practicality, and interior quality of the of our cars won me over. no doubt muscle cars are monsters, i wouldnt mess with one on the road (still stock). i think most of the buyers arent exactly car enthusiasts and just buy whatever has high numbers. If i were to buy a muscle car i think 80% of my decision would be for the sound of v8.
vincevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:40 PM   #12
Digilio86

Drives: 16 FBO IS38 GTI 2 Door DSG
Believe what you want, some motors come out of the factory running significantly stronger than others. I've seen it multiple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Digilio86 is offline   Reply With Quote