GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Infotainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2017, 01:55 PM   #1
euroadb
Senior Member
 
euroadb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 GTI SE w/ PP LP 6MT Pure White
Location: Central NJ
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 545
Android Auto Issue?

Every time I use a voice command in Android Auto with "okay google" or simply pressing the mic button, it never returns to the media audio / radio once the command is complete. It will stay silent until I hit the mic button again twice to deactivate it. If you adjust the volume while it's silent, you'll see it's adjusting the volume of the voice or android auto, instead of media, even though the command is complete.

This is super annoying. Anyone have a fix for this? It was intermittent before, but now it happens all the time. This happened with my Nexus 6P, and is now happening with my new Pixel XL. So I think this is related to the head unit somehow not being able to detect when the command is complete.

Is there a factory reset on the infotainment somewhere?
euroadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:21 PM   #2
Blaylock1988
Member
 
Drives: Mk7 GTI
Location: Los Angeles
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 48
I have the EXACT same problem with my car and Android Auto with my Droid Turbo 2. No idea what the solution is. Android Auto has had multiple updates on my phone and the issue persisted.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Blaylock1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:43 PM   #3
euroadb
Senior Member
 
euroadb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 GTI SE w/ PP LP 6MT Pure White
Location: Central NJ
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaylock1988 View Post
I have the EXACT same problem with my car and Android Auto with my Droid Turbo 2. No idea what the solution is. Android Auto has had multiple updates on my phone and the issue persisted.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
It's such a PITA I wish there was a solution to this.
euroadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:57 AM   #4
MonkeyMD
Senior Member
 
MonkeyMD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 VW Golf Tsi S Manual
Location: Central Tx
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,399
Same here. It's kind of hit and miss. Does it sometimes and sometimes not. No rhyme or reason.
MonkeyMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:55 AM   #5
Faceman
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2017 Golf Sportwagen S 4Motion
Location: Long Island
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 197
Happens to me on a rare occasion. Rebooting my S7 Edge usually resolves the issue.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Faceman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:25 PM   #6
Nitsrik1976
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK7 R
Location: Essex, UK
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by euroadb View Post
Every time I use a voice command in Android Auto with "okay google" or simply pressing the mic button, it never returns to the media audio / radio once the command is complete. It will stay silent until I hit the mic button again twice to deactivate it. If you adjust the volume while it's silent, you'll see it's adjusting the volume of the voice or android auto, instead of media, even though the command is complete.

This is super annoying. Anyone have a fix for this? It was intermittent before, but now it happens all the time. This happened with my Nexus 6P, and is now happening with my new Pixel XL. So I think this is related to the head unit somehow not being able to detect when the command is complete.

Is there a factory reset on the infotainment somewhere?
It happens when in A Auto and listening to any media from the infotainment system such as radio or music held on the hard drive (jukebox). It resolves itself if you listen to Google play music but otherwise it gets stuck in SDS mode. These software bugs need to be fixed....it's shit and VW blame the phone...I've had it on all the O/S by Android....including Oreo!
Nitsrik1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #7
euroadb
Senior Member
 
euroadb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 GTI SE w/ PP LP 6MT Pure White
Location: Central NJ
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsrik1976 View Post
It happens when in A Auto and listening to any media from the infotainment system such as radio or music held on the hard drive (jukebox). It resolves itself if you listen to Google play music but otherwise it gets stuck in SDS mode. These software bugs need to be fixed....it's shit and VW blame the phone...I've had it on all the O/S by Android....including Oreo!
Exactly. I don't even bother mentioning it to a dealer because you know they won't do anything about it and blame the phone. I asked if there's a firmware update for the infotainment and of course the answer is "no". But who knows if they even checked.

It makes sense that it would work as expected when listening to music via an app in AA, since the audio gets stuck within AA. Too bad I like to use satellite radio and micro SD for my music listening.

Also, what's "SDS" mode?

Anyway, I really wanna know wtf caused this because it used to work fine for me, then became intermittent, then just out of the blue it happens 100% of the time. Once in a while I can handle, but all the time is annoying beyond belief.

I tried factory reset on all settings on the infotainment, and also tried a hard reboot by holding down the power button for 10 seconds, but none of those worked. My next step would be to track down the fuse for the infotainment and pull that. Maybe it will help.

Is there any way to do a hard reset on the infotainment via a hidden menu?
euroadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:32 PM   #8
Nitsrik1976
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK7 R
Location: Essex, UK
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by euroadb View Post
Exactly. I don't even bother mentioning it to a dealer because you know they won't do anything about it and blame the phone. I asked if there's a firmware update for the infotainment and of course the answer is "no". But who knows if they even checked.

It makes sense that it would work as expected when listening to music via an app in AA, since the audio gets stuck within AA. Too bad I like to use satellite radio and micro SD for my music listening.



Also, what's "SDS" mode?

Anyway, I really wanna know wtf caused this because it used to work fine for me, then became intermittent, then just out of the blue it happens 100% of the time. Once in a while I can handle, but all the time is annoying beyond belief.

I tried factory reset on all settings on the infotainment, and also tried a hard reboot by holding down the power button for 10 seconds, but none of those worked. My next step would be to track down the fuse for the infotainment and pull that. Maybe it will help.

Is there any way to do a hard reset on the infotainment via a hidden menu?
SDS is speech dialogue system, ....Its a bug with the infotainment system. Basically VW don't do much about issues like this unless they are pushed. Try emailing VW boss at Wolfsburg. Before they do anything they need 5 complaints so you are best to contact the following with as much detail as possible. I've tried everything and can replicate it on demand, any reset is a waste of time as is resetting your mobile device.

Mr Matthias Mueller

buero.mueller@volkswagen.de
Nitsrik1976 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.