GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf R Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 09-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #18
bdelaney4000

Drives: 16' MK7 GTI S 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radfox View Post
How do you force readiness with a VCDS? What is the procedure?

Also what CEL code are you guys getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's a video on youtube outlining the procedure just search for VCDS readiness. Most get the P0420 check engine light code for catalyst efficiency. Most aftermarket high flow cats aren't as efficient as the OEM cat causing the code. This can typically be defeated with a spacer to eliminate the CEL.
Unitronic Stg 2 | NGK RS7 Plugs | Eurocode Catted DP | IE CAI | GFB DV+ | BFI Stg 1 Eng/Trans | 034 Dogbone | Leyo Turbo Inlet | ECS Turbo Muffler Delete | ECS Short Shifter w/ Bushings | IE Shifter Bracket | ECS Bleeder Block | BMS Clutch Stop
bdelaney4000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #19
-Dutch-

Drives: 2017 Golf GTI SE
http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/readiness.php

Last edited by -Dutch-; 09-12-2017 at 03:33 PM.
-Dutch- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:01 PM   #20
rcode

Drives: 2016 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiankid View Post
With a JB4, CTS catted DP and 42DD spacer facing the ABS module, there are no CEL's and passes all readiness monitors. The CTS catted DP has the O2 bung before the cat so the 42DD does a good job at keeping the CEL away.
Thanks. I was either going to try the vibrant or 42dd spacer but maybe I'll just buy both and see which works best.
rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #21
Triton

Drives: 2016 Golf R
There is no such thing as forcing readyness. You can force the ecu to run the test but that doesn't guarantee you'll pass. I have used the procedure above on my mk6 gti but when I had to smog my mk7 R that procedure doesnt work.
06' BM GTI | 6sp | Tuned |
Triton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #22
bdelaney4000

"Forcing Readiness" is just the term commonly used to describe the procedure to "force" the ECU to run the tests without going having through a full drive cycle. Not every state run smog like CA. Looks like the OP is from Long Island.
Unitronic Stg 2 | NGK RS7 Plugs | Eurocode Catted DP | IE CAI | GFB DV+ | BFI Stg 1 Eng/Trans | 034 Dogbone | Leyo Turbo Inlet | ECS Turbo Muffler Delete | ECS Short Shifter w/ Bushings | IE Shifter Bracket | ECS Bleeder Block | BMS Clutch Stop
Old 09-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #23
Gawernator

Drives: '17 Wolfsburg 1.8T; '15 ZX6R Racebike (x2)
FWIW I fixed my CEL last night. I got a $17 O2 spacer off Amazon and figured out the right config since its modular. You just have to play around with it until it works right
Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors: JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | Bridgestone | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:36 PM   #24
bdelaney4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawernator View Post
FWIW I fixed my CEL last night. I got a $17 O2 spacer off Amazon and figured out the right config since its modular. You just have to play around with it until it works right
Congrats! Yeah sometimes with those modular/adjustable ones you have to fiddle around with them to get them set just right. Glad it worked out for you though.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:40 PM   #25
Gawernator

Drives: '17 Wolfsburg 1.8T; '15 ZX6R Racebike (x2)
Thanks. I just unscrewed the lower section so reduce the overall size. It was throwing a lean code so it was too far out of the stream I guessed. Two days so far no code.
Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors: JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | Bridgestone | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:50 PM   #26
rcode

Flashed to GIAC stage 2 today and the CEL that comes back every once in a while is gone. I left it on before the flash to see what would happen. Haven't had a chance to check readiness yet but I assume I'm still failing. Will try to get the 02 spacer in over the weekend and report back.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:53 AM   #27
rcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelaney4000 View Post
"Forcing Readiness" is just the term commonly used to describe the procedure to "force" the ECU to run the tests without going having through a full drive cycle. Not every state run smog like CA. Looks like the OP is from Long Island.
Yes, correct no smog here. Just a description of the process instead of running the drive cycle.