GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Old 05-15-2017, 05:31 PM   #1548
Jay745

Drives: K04 mk6 gti, mk5 rabbit
Just got back from a week in the UK for work. Good lord they have way better cars over there than offered in the states. Nearly blew my load in front of my boss when a scirocco R came flying up next to us on the highway.

Hit me up for Vagcom or DSG Service in Chicago (Cheaper than dealer/indie)
Jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:58 PM   #1549
DanJoy

Drives: MK7 GTI Autobahn PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmonkey View Post
Mine tightened down and didn't pop at all. Once I got both bands on and tight I pulled on the hose a bit to see if there was any slippage and they didn't move, so I would assume mine are good to go then.
Sounds like you should be fine then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay745 View Post
Just got back from a week in the UK for work. Good lord they have way better cars over there than offered in the states. Nearly blew my load in front of my boss when a scirocco R came flying up next to us on the highway.
Mmm Scirocco R.
DanJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:12 PM   #1550
deathmonkey

Drives: 2017 Golf R
Yeah, I would think so, but I'll keep an eye on it just in case. Thanks for the head's up.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:19 PM   #1551
Jay745

Man why are race pads so damn expensive. Just spent $340 for carbotech xp10 for the stoptech st40 kit and xp8 for the rears. I hope they last through the end of the season. Hoping these RS3's make it to the end of the season as well. Last year I ran Rival-S tires and they corded after only 4 track days. Tough pill to swallow buying multiple sets of tires in one season. Ugh I need a different hobby.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:57 PM   #1552
cbaumy34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay745 View Post
Man why are race pads so damn expensive. Just spent $340 for carbotech xp10 for the stoptech st40 kit and xp8 for the rears. I hope they last through the end of the season. Hoping these RS3's make it to the end of the season as well. Last year I ran Rival-S tires and they corded after only 4 track days. Tough pill to swallow buying multiple sets of tires in one season. Ugh I need a different hobby.
Lol ouch that racecar life!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
cbaumy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:24 AM   #1553
DanJoy

I'd like to just find some pads that perform well but don't make my wheels turn brown from normal driving. The stock PP pads are some of the worst dusting pads I've ever had. My MK6 was never this bad and I assume it had OEM pads since I bought it at 20K something miles and never changed them.

Dropping the MK7 off Friday before work to have my plate holes filled and bumper resprayed from when my mom backed into my car. I've photoshopped the front plate out a few times and the car looks so much better without it.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:17 PM   #1554
deathmonkey

There's a thread over on vwvortex talking about performance pads that don't dust as much as the OEM ones: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...st-street-pads
Old 05-17-2017, 04:37 PM   #1555
DanJoy

Thanks for the link. A lot of mixed reviews on fitment in the caliper and it seems like the Duralasts are the consistent winner. Seems kind of weird to put Autozone brake pads on my car but they seem to review well.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:51 PM   #1556
Jay745

I've came to terms that if you want a nice functioning pad, it's going to dust like crazy. If you wax the wheels like you would paint, it goes a long way in terms of how easy the dust comes off. I spray em every other day or so with water and that does the job.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:02 PM   #1557
DanJoy

multispoke wheels are the devil. Picked up some CG diablo wheel gel to try. Iron X works great but it's a little pricey to be my go to weekly wheel cleaner.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:59 PM   #1558
deathmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJoy View Post
Thanks for the link. A lot of mixed reviews on fitment in the caliper and it seems like the Duralasts are the consistent winner. Seems kind of weird to put Autozone brake pads on my car but they seem to review well.

No problem, glad it helped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2017, 07:07 AM   #1559
DanJoy

Sure am glad I washed the car last night before that typhoon hit. I think it rained hard enough that the worlds largest bird shit I drove into would have come right off.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:20 AM   #1560
Boondock

Drives: 2015 GTI S 2dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJoy View Post
multispoke wheels are the devil. Picked up some CG diablo wheel gel to try. Iron X works great but it's a little pricey to be my go to weekly wheel cleaner.
The Diablo stuff is great. I bought the $70 Chemical Guys kit/bucket at Cosco and it came with a bottle of it. You don't need as much as you may think!

I also wax my wheels and they consistently look pretty decent, even after weeks of not being washed.

New Car - 2015 MkVII GTI S - 2 Door - Carbon Steel Gray
Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:36 AM   #1561
DanJoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
The Diablo stuff is great. I bought the $70 Chemical Guys kit/bucket at Cosco and it came with a bottle of it. You don't need as much as you may think!

I also wax my wheels and they consistently look pretty decent, even after weeks of not being washed.
I diluted it 1:5 with water for now. Dropped car off to have my front plate holes filled before work today and am picking it up Monday. Heading down to Rantoul in the morning to shoot cars roll racing essentially hahaha.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:18 PM   #1562
SuperDuper

Drives: 2016 GTI
Thinking about putting my Ed's headlights and LP grill for sale. Would anyone here be interested?
SuperDuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:13 AM   #1563
twrxrwr

Drives: 2016 Golf GTI SE
Turbo back Exhaust

Would anyone be willing to assist with a turbo back exhaust install? Looking to do it between 6/9 and 6/11.
twrxrwr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#assman, #mudrunz, mk6 > *, mk7 = teh slow, mk7r is the best, tunarapedme@woodmans