GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 11-16-2017, 03:33 AM   #1293
TwinDad

Drives: 2016 sportwagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by toledospeed View Post
Thanks, I was definitely connected to the JB4. I tried after reconnecting fresh several times and received the same results. Key on, but not started, just like when I have flashed from the Windows app previously. I should also note that I am opted in as a Beta tester for the JB4 app. Between that and running the latest Android Oreo, there may be something else going on. I am going to try again later and see if I can get it sorted.
I had to save the file to Google drive. It didn't work when I just downloaded it to the device
Old 11-16-2017, 05:19 PM   #1294
toledospeed

Drives: 2015 Golf Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinDad View Post
I had to save the file to Google drive. It didn't work when I just downloaded it to the device
I also tried that yesterday, but the download firmware button just showed the blank listing just as when I downloaded via the web (by browsing the forum thread and selecting the hex file from within the app. Either way, firmware listing screen was blank when clicking the green firmware down arrow.

So...this morning I killed the JB4 app to make sure it launched fresh. I started the JB4 app and connected (ignition on, car not started). I went to Google drive and clicked the hex file. It took me back to the JB4 app like it did yesterday (.hex file was associated with JB4), but not directly to the firmware screen. I went into settings, selected firmware and then clicked the green firmware down arrow. Guess what? There were 5 files in the list now! So, it was kinda working yesterday, but the app wouldn't show the files in the listing for some reason. All were the same firmware hex file, but the file name had been incremented for each attempt (2, 3, 4 etc.). I selected the first one in the list that matched the original filename and was able to flash successfully as expected.

Definitely could feel the difference on my way to work (~10 miles through the city). It seems like the motor is more in sync with the boost for lack of a better explanation. Definitely a more stock-like feel, but with the extra power
Old 11-17-2017, 10:35 PM   #1295
toledospeed

Drives: 2015 Golf Sport
Update: loving the new firmware, great job George (and Terry)!
Old 11-18-2017, 03:06 PM   #1296
Bäsemödel

Drives: 15 Golf TSi
i finally purchased one! not planning to install it until the spring so i'll have plenty of time to get the firmware update done
Helix UUs w/HIDs//deAuto LEDs//Maxton Lip//GTI Skirts//Center Exit Exhaust//OEM Hatch Spoiler//18” Peelers//Magnaflow Catback//CTS Dogbone//GTI PP RSB//VWR Springs//HELIX Subwoofer//OBD11 Coding//OEM Add Ons - adding fogs/footwells is possible!
Bäsemödel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:29 PM   #1297
TwinDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bäsemödel View Post
i finally purchased one! not planning to install it until the spring so i'll have plenty of time to get the firmware update done
Why???
Old 11-18-2017, 07:33 PM   #1298
Bäsemödel

Drives: 15 Golf TSi
well im going back to winter wheels here soon so i figured it would be a waste of time...

i have to take apart the front end to put my lip back on so i was going to wait till spring when i take it apart to put the JB4 on...
Helix UUs w/HIDs//deAuto LEDs//Maxton Lip//GTI Skirts//Center Exit Exhaust//OEM Hatch Spoiler//18” Peelers//Magnaflow Catback//CTS Dogbone//GTI PP RSB//VWR Springs//HELIX Subwoofer//OBD11 Coding//OEM Add Ons - adding fogs/footwells is possible!
Bäsemödel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:51 PM   #1299
TwinDad

It takes like 40 minutes to put the JB4 on. In on winter tires and an is20 upgrade. It's still so worth it. I wouldn't wait. Just get it on and enjoy. Even map 1 will be way more fun. Even on winters