GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis - Sponsored by The Tire Rack


The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GOLFMK7. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GOLFMK7 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK7 so we can keep this place running!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 09:53 PM   #35
breaking badly
Banned
 
Drives: Winnie Twister
Location: St. Olaf
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,426
The factory Belverere wheel is still one of the very lightest wheels available.
I don't know if it's even mentioned in that thread yet.
If you're looking for a great looking 19" wheel that is 'fairly' or 'acceptable'
weight at the same time:

BBS CI-R


.
breaking badly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:58 PM   #36
Tamer
Member
 
Drives: Golf R / Golf GTI / Ford Raptor
Location: UAE
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaking badly View Post
The factory Belverere wheel is still one of the very lightest wheels available.
I don't know if it's even mentioned in that thread yet.
If you're looking for a great looking 19" wheel that is 'fairly' or 'acceptable'
weight at the same time:

BBS CI-R


.
They look great!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:57 PM   #37
breaking badly
Banned
 
Drives: Winnie Twister
Location: St. Olaf
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,426
Yeah, I love it. Personally I would go for them if they made them in 8x18,
but they only do them in 19" and 20". I'm getting too old for bigger wheels.
breaking badly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:55 AM   #38
Sandman GTI
Senior Member
 
Sandman GTI's Avatar
 
Drives: GTI MK7 Autobahn, PP, DCC+LP, 97 F-150 4.6L V8
Location: Tennessee USA
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 7,011
These OZ wheels are forged and light. Similar to the OE you removed in weight.
With the price of wheels you are looking at the more expensive forged wheels might not be an issue for you. Thoughts?
Link below.

https://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gar...=Black+Painted
__________________
Sandman
My Build Thread: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6100
Sandman GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:06 AM   #39
Tamer
Member
 
Drives: Golf R / Golf GTI / Ford Raptor
Location: UAE
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaking badly View Post
Yeah, I love it. Personally I would go for them if they made them in 8x18,
but they only do them in 19" and 20". I'm getting too old for bigger wheels.
Too old?! How old are U?! U cannot be older than me mate 😎

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:10 AM   #40
Tamer
Member
 
Drives: Golf R / Golf GTI / Ford Raptor
Location: UAE
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman GTI View Post
These OZ wheels are forged and light. Similar to the OE you removed in weight.
With the price of wheels you are looking at the more expensive forged wheels might not be an issue for you. Thoughts?
Link below.

https://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gar...=Black+Painted
I will have a study session on tire rack once later on today. I hope they ship international at reasonable cost. I paid 2200 USD for the oz ones. They took a week to arrive to Dubai.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:17 AM   #41
Tamer
Member
 
Drives: Golf R / Golf GTI / Ford Raptor
Location: UAE
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 91
Sandman and Breaking Badly; no thank you is enough for ur support!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #42
Sandman GTI
Senior Member
 
Sandman GTI's Avatar
 
Drives: GTI MK7 Autobahn, PP, DCC+LP, 97 F-150 4.6L V8
Location: Tennessee USA
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 7,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer View Post
Sandman and Breaking Badly; no thank you is enough for ur support!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Again, not trying to ruin the party.
Just want that hot car of yours to last and run free of issues.
Jealous of the Clubsport. Wish they gave us a chance.
Keep us posted!
__________________
Sandman
My Build Thread: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6100
Sandman GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #43
breaking badly
Banned
 
Drives: Winnie Twister
Location: St. Olaf
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,426
We're trying hard getting anyone on track, dude.
That said I too own a deep black GTI Clubsport.
breaking badly is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.