GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > GTD Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 02-07-2018, 07:26 PM   #1
Amrit

Drives: Vw Golf GTD MK7
Golf GTD milltek non resonated exhaust

Hi guys new to this forum has anyone got a non resonated gti style exhaust fitted to their GTD (non sound pack)? What do these sound like can anyone share any vids? Also how is your milltek welds holding up? I've heard about weld failures on various systems milltek supply is this still a problem? I'm looking to get a non res gti style fitted soon.

Cheers Amrit.
Amrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:16 AM   #2
waggers

Drives: RRSport 3.0SDV6 Hybrid ATB Dyn, RR Evoque HSE Dyn
The Milltek comes in sections so I'd keep your front box initially with the rear straight through. You can then add / remove the front box for a pipe later if you think it's too quiet for you. It will never be really loud because the DPF upfront muffles the engine anyhow. You could remove the whole exhaust and it will still seem quiet ticking over...

..no issue with the Milltek and first I've heard of welding issues...
2014 GTD 5dr 6mt - Pure White, 19" Santiagos, Sport & Sound with Kufatec, Milltek Rear, Leather, Discovery Media, Stage1 Carbon Chip Map (221bhp/500nm), Pedal Box, TT Short-Shift with 42 DD, VWR Springs, 034, 12mm/15mm Spacers
waggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:22 AM   #3
Amrit

Drives: Vw Golf GTD MK7
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggers View Post
The Milltek comes in sections so I'd keep your front box initially with the rear straight through. You can then add / remove the front box for a pipe later if you think it's too quiet for you. It will never be really loud because the DPF upfront muffles the engine anyhow. You could remove the whole exhaust and it will still seem quiet ticking over...

..no issue with the Milltek and first I've heard of welding issues...
Yeah i know it will never be as loud due to the DPF just wondered if it would sound any different ie will it sound a little deeper than stock? I've gone for the non resonated which i think removes the front box too.

The welds i read alot on forums but they were posts from years ago so they must have sorted it now. Going to get it fitted at the garage tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Amrit is offline   Reply With Quote