GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 08-07-2017, 03:13 PM   #800
erichhart

Drives: Golf Mk7 1.8t + Chevy S10 2000 4.3
Here is my 60-100 run in 3rd.

https://youtu.be/d0dPZ2gvh_U
erichhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #801
boomvw

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

So I've read through about 40 pages of this thread and I'm ready to ask a few clarifying questions if you don't mind...

So a few of you are running is20 with no tune, just jb4. How do your numbers compare to an off the shelf tune?

I'm installing an is20 next week, along with the unitronic is20 tune. How do some of your numbers compare to unitronics is20 tune?

I saw ironshade put up some pretty nice numbers but couldn't finish on the dyno because of the speed limiter if I remember correctly?

I'm just curious if it's worth the extra $400 to stack the jb4 on top if the unitronic tune.

I know there's gonna be more there, because unitronics tune is fairly conservative, just wondering how much more could be safely gained based on what some of you have done.

Not sure if it helps but my car is a 4motion sportwagen dsg
Intake, downpipe, larger intercooler pipe kit, turbo muffler delete, turbo inlet pipe.. I know some of these probably don't do much if anything but it all adds up right?
boomvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:23 PM   #802
TwinDad

Drives: 2016 sportwagen
He couldn't finish! LOL!
Old 08-08-2017, 05:25 PM   #803
boomvw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinDad View Post
He couldn't finish! LOL!

Hahaha just realized how that sounded..
boomvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:52 PM   #804
Ton

Drives: Golf
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomvw View Post
So I've read through about 40 pages of this thread and I'm ready to ask a few clarifying questions if you don't mind...

So a few of you are running is20 with no tune, just jb4. How do your numbers compare to an off the shelf tune?

I'm installing an is20 next week, along with the unitronic is20 tune. How do some of your numbers compare to unitronics is20 tune?

I saw ironshade put up some pretty nice numbers but couldn't finish on the dyno because of the speed limiter if I remember correctly?

I'm just curious if it's worth the extra $400 to stack the jb4 on top if the unitronic tune.

I know there's gonna be more there, because unitronics tune is fairly conservative, just wondering how much more could be safely gained based on what some of you have done.

Not sure if it helps but my car is a 4motion sportwagen dsg
Intake, downpipe, larger intercooler pipe kit, turbo muffler delete, turbo inlet pipe.. I know some of these probably don't do much if anything but it all adds up right?
280 or more wheel hp with JB4 is20 and full mods. Most important being down pipe and intercooler. This has been shown a few times.

APR advertises over 280 wheel HP for the is20, 93octane and downpipe. APR claims have proven to be pretty accurate based on dyno runs done on other cars with stage 1 and 2 tunes.

Uni claims over 300 crank HP and a much lower torque number than APR claims or what has been seen with JB4. JB4 torque numbers are similar to APR. Uni should be 260-270 wheel depending on how much drive-train loss you believe.

Unitronic is more conservative, but should be very consistent and fuel quality/heat tolerant.
Ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:13 AM   #805
Skip54

Drives: VW Golf
I have the JB4 with bluetooth wireless phone adapter and would like to start running logs to send to George to get a custom tune. I plan on running 93 octane. Do you guys have the basic steps for getting the best results for logging? For example, do I use Map 1 or Map 4? I'm assuming I only do 3 gear pulls (without downshifting into 2nd).

Last edited by Skip54; 08-13-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Skip54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM   #806
George Smooth

Drives: Golf 7 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip54 View Post
I have the JB4 with bluetooth wireless phone adapter and would like to start running logs to send to George to get a custom tune. I plan on running 93 octane. Do you guys have the basic steps for getting the best results for logging? For example, do I use Map 1 or Map 4? I'm assuming I only do 3 gear pulls (without downshifting into 2nd).
Run the logs in the map you want to log. 3rd gear pedal to the floor is best.
George Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote