GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-18-2018, 09:55 PM   #1582
toledospeed

Drives: 2015 Golf Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinDad View Post
I've run FOL as high as 95. George said above 80 won't make a difference, but I do see a little better trims with 90 vs 80. This was is20 and some ethanol though. The key is to watch you fp_h as well. That's the hpfp. Of you see it drop noticeably, your running out of fuel all together. You want it to stay pretty steady with just a few numbers variation. If it goes from like 14-17 down to below 10, it's no beuno. Best is to compare other logs of your own car to see where you are typically
Yeah, I just didn't want to recommend settings that George wouldn't recommend. I think Diggs' advice to lower boost was spot on in this case. I've been running an 18 PSI tune for Winter with a less steep boost curve, and then I run a 21 PSI tune for Summer using (both with FOL 70). It's been great and stable and I haven't been messing with it much. For me, I find this to be a nice trade-off between performance and longevity, but I realize others want to keep pushing things as far as they can.
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM   #1583
Steenbeek

Drives: 1.8 Tsi 4x4 DSG6
Quote:
Originally Posted by toledospeed View Post
Yeah, I just didn't want to recommend settings that George wouldn't recommend. I think Diggs' advice to lower boost was spot on in this case. I've been running an 18 PSI tune for Winter with a less steep boost curve, and then I run a 21 PSI tune for Summer using (both with FOL 70). It's been great and stable and I haven't been messing with it much. For me, I find this to be a nice trade-off between performance and longevity, but I realize others want to keep pushing things as far as they can.
Guys I am thankfull for your help and your advise.
In my case I don't intend to push to the limit of the engine but I have to cope with trims not going higher than 36/37 (even if running lean). And only because of this I need to go little higher than FOL 70. I ran 70 with is12 already and now with the bigger turbo I just want a little more to make it worth it. I don't want to try boosting up to upper 20s but just a little over 20 with tapering to 16/17. That's it. But that is not possible at the moment even with FOL80. My boost needs to drop rapidly after 4500 otherwise afr rises.
VWR R600 / VWR Turbo Inlet / VWR Turbo Outlet / GFB DV+ / USP Oil Filter Housing / JB4 / 034 Dogbone/ catch can/ optimized is20 (compressor wheel with extended tip, polished inlet)/ R Downpipe/ egt sensor
Steenbeek is offline   Reply With Quote