GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Infotainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics)

Old 04-14-2018, 11:18 PM   #1
Keefe

Drives: 17' Night Blue GTI
Radio Removal Key Help Needed

Hello, I just installed a sub and amp in my car but for some reason I can't seem to get the VW radio removal keys out of the radio (CD player in glove box) I have the radio pulled out still, and tried pushing on the side to remove the keys but had no success. Any suggestions on how to get these keys out? It's frustrating having a glovebox stuck open lol. Thank you
Keefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:34 PM   #2
c3156

Drives: 07 GTI, 09 TDI (Gone), 17 GTI Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefe View Post
Hello, I just installed a sub and amp in my car but for some reason I can't seem to get the VW radio removal keys out of the radio (CD player in glove box) I have the radio pulled out still, and tried pushing on the side to remove the keys but had no success. Any suggestions on how to get these keys out? It's frustrating having a glovebox stuck open lol. Thank you
Reinstall the radio in the glove box, then hold it in place and pull out the keys.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:25 PM   #3
Running German

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
If that doesnít work have someone help hold it while pushing in the side... then take some pliers to physically pull the key out. I bought some cheap keys on Amazon and had the same issue. Tried everything and the damn keys wouldnít come out until I used brute force.

It was unsettling but it worked. Luckily I didnít damage anything. I donít recommend this but at some point you might not have any more options. Just be sure to at least be pushing in the metal tab to try and avoid breaking anything.

Again this is a last resort desperation move. I did everything everyone said to do and my keys would not come out. No guarantees on this...
Old 04-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #4
MadMen

Drives: 2015 S3 DSG
Small flathead screw driver on the side clips to pop them out. They snap right back in after you remove the keys.
MadMen is offline   Reply With Quote