GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hulk's GTI Project

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Well the stud conversion kit arrived. Two hours later and I’m back to lug bolts lol.

They couldn’t get seated properly, some wouldn’t thread all the way in, even w brute hulk force, and you’re only supposed to use 15Nm of Torque. ECS was cool though, called them up and they offered full refund.

Not sure if it’s the part itself or my wheel hub. Everything is back to the way it was, so I’ll leave well enough alone. On to other things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
No fogs (top) vs fog lights (bottom)

Was just on the road. Tried to capture the difference but this is the best my cruddy iPhone could do. I think the fogs definitely make a difference in weather like this.

MEM GTI

Ready to race!

Was just on the road. Tried to capture the difference but this is the best my cruddy iPhone could do. I think the fogs definitely make a difference in weather like this.

Do you have a euro switch to run fogs without normal headlamps? In those conditions you’d want both lights, but in some conditions normal headlights make visibility worse than fogs alone.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Do you have a euro switch to run fogs without normal headlamps? In those conditions you’d want both lights, but in some conditions normal headlights make visibility worse than fogs alone.

I have headlights on in both. No euroswitch

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Got home yesterday and this was missing. One of those ice trucks pulled up to me at a stop and flung ice chunks all up the side of my car and I imagine that had to be what knocked it loose. I’ve never removed it but I don’t assume this means it’s broken? How do I get another?

I have to use it for a front plate mount anyway, just annoying that the guy did that.m when I was stopped at a light. Real dick move, will probably call the township on Monday.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

stillwellm10

Ready to race!

I've noticed a huge difference running fogs with my factory LP during wintry weather. I also put yellow lamin-x film on the fogs too which has helped quite a bit.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
I've noticed a huge difference running fogs with my factory LP during wintry weather. I also put yellow lamin-x film on the fogs too which has helped quite a bit.

How has it helped?

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
The 17” wheels have been treating me well and are much better for daily driving IMO. It also allows me to save $ on high end tires. That said, I’m still debating having another wheel setup to switch out for winter/summer. That would mean I could do mounted swaps at home rather than getting tires changed on the Neuspeeds every time.

There’s some great lightweight options out there but many will run you well over a thousand bucks. (17x8 Alleggerita’s, for example, are $1300!) I found there’s plenty of viable, cost effective options out there that are structurally on par with More expensive flow formed wheels. Needless to say, I’m looking to keep costs low and weight even lower so I compiled a list of flow formed, budget wheels.

These are all 17x8 flow formed wheels, 5x112 bolt pattern. Hypergrams, S1 storms and Montegi are my favorites

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
In Nashville I-440 has turned into a third world country road instead of interstate lately, made me consider going 17s for my summer set I want to get.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
In Nashville I-440 has turned into a third world country road instead of interstate lately, made me consider going 17s for my summer set I want to get.

I hear you. PA roads have become a Mad Max dystopia. 17s have been a godsend