GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installing Audi Subframe and CSS Hub Questions

johnamcdonald

2017 GTI with PP.

Have an Audi Subframe and Supalloy SP0006 lower arms, and ordering Tyrol Deadset kt, as well as a Clubsport S Swivel/Hub and bearings. I've read that the lower control arm requires the Audi fasteners because the stamped steel subframe has a captured nut while the Audi has threads in the subframe itself. My question is should I purchase all new fasteners for the new bits, and what parts should they be (Audi/CSS)? My understanding is that the Swivel is identical save for the angle of the hole, which adds additional camber.

Like to hear from anyone who has done this swap and who has part numbers. Thanks!

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
The CSS swivel visually appears to be the same as standard GTI. However, the CSS uses Audi bearings. Not sure why. I went with the Audi bearings to be safe and not run into issues during install.
ECS sells a kit with all the hardware that should be replaced. Recommended.

johnamcdonald

The CSS swivel visually appears to be the same as standard GTI. However, the CSS uses Audi bearings. Not sure why. I went with the Audi bearings to be safe and not run into issues during install.
ECS sells a kit with all the hardware that should be replaced. Recommended.
Thanks, jmason. Read your install post. Is this the ECS "Upgraded front suspension install kit"? Did you resolve your coilover issue? Considering Ohlin R&T while doing everything else even though have DCC.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I think that’s the kit.
I resolved my coilovers issue using Bilsteins. You are using the same LCA that I did, so you need to be very concerned about the design of the coilover strut. The attachment point for the FSB has to be the same design as OEM. If not, you will likely not have enough clearance between the top FSB endlink and the inner fender well. That was my problem. The Bilstein's attachment point design is identical to OEM. The HPA coilovers I tried first were not.

I think the clearance problem is limited to the 0006K LCA because this part moves the wheel forward in the wheel well to achieve a higher caster. This displacement is enough to align the FSB endlink into a spot in the wheel well that protrudes. I don't know what is behind the protrusion, but I wasn't going to find out by attempting to hammer the protrusion down.

Last edited: