GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Zx2man

Ready to race!
So roughly 300 whp on a dyno jet pump gas. No real advantage over a regular stage 2 file in that sense. But then again the idea of a adjustable file was for guys who ran e85 blends, craking up the octane dial for more gainZ ;) good info

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I mean up to 11.25 degrees at 6.8k last night, but I went ahead and set the rev limit to 6.2k this morning, since I don't want to run the IS20 up to near 7k when I am letting the TCU do the upshifts.

Just my opinion - I think you're tapering boost too much up top. You can run the IS20 at 22psi to 6k, no problem. Maybe taper down to 17 from 6k+ to be safe if you want.

Hurry up and get your final hardware setup so you can get Frank's tune.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I haven't done anything yet with the Maestro tables, these are just the defaults. Hardware is ready for Frank, I've just debated waiting on his custom tune until I go BT.

Stage 2 HT didn't get tested, since no miles to adapt and no adjusting to make use of multiple pulls. It would have just been the same thing three times. Sorry man.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Ive seen 2 stage 2 HT files. Bigsnoop made 327 whp 93 oct...GTIManEG made 330-335 whp uncorrected 91 oct. and another guy cant remember name, but was 330ish. All dyno jets pump gas. Peak tq was around 375-395 on all 3 as well. Bigsnoop has his posted on the dyno thread, gtimaneg has his in his signature. Dynojets are usually pretty consistent.
So by my estimation on pump gas alone youll make lil more hp and fair amount of tq with a ht file vs base adjustable/Maestro. But demi9od can probably squeeze out more power on a tuned meastro file if he so chooses. Plus be a better overall tune with ability to make power with less stress on the turbo by making fine adjustments in all the necessary tables.

Last edited:

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Ive seen 3 stage 2 HT files. Bigsnoop made 327 whp 93 oct...GTIManEG made 330-335 whp uncorrected 91 oct. and another guy cant remember name, but was 330ish. All dyno jets pump gas. Peak tq was around 375-395 on all 3 as well. Bigsnoop has his posted on the dyno thread, gtimaneg has his in his signature. Dynojets are usually pretty consistent.
So by my estimation on pump gas alone youll make lil more hp and fair amount of tq with a ht file vs base adjustable/Maestro. But demi9od can probably squeeze out more power on a tuned meastro file if he so chooses. Plus be a better overall tune with ability to make power with less stress on the turbo by making fine adjustments in all the necessary tables.

Stress the turbo, or stress the engine?

https://datazap.me/u/jybyrd4606/mab...-values?log=0&data=1-4-6-18-19-20-21-22-23-26

Considering how fragile the IS20/IS38's seem to be, and how stout the EA888.3 has proven to be, I'll go with the latter.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Lol I did use the word turbo. Stress on the turbo. Yes sir Turbo. And if you went with the “latter” regarding you’re own question, wouldnt that be engine?? Lol

Im confused. But what I MEAN, is less stress on the oem is20 ihi turbocharger

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion

Got it :D

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Ive seen 3 stage 2 HT files. Bigsnoop made 327 whp 93 oct...GTIManEG made 330-335 whp uncorrected 91 oct. and another guy cant remember name, but was 330ish. All dyno jets pump gas. Peak tq was around 375-395 on all 3 as well. Bigsnoop has his posted on the dyno thread, gtimaneg has his in his signature. Dynojets are usually pretty consistent.
Excellent information here. I will stick with my 2HT 93 tune... It's really awesome as is.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Did’nt Brian(something) make 347/390 ish on e40. Seems like a big increase??

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Did’nt Brian(something) make 347/390 ish on e40. Seems like a big increase??
That's with a custom tune yes. I could go that route with Mabo.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
That's with a custom tune yes. I could go that route with Mabo.

I would say plus 50/60 wheelish (all dyno’s different) would be well worth it since your already committed...right?? Hard to believe it’s that much difference myself. So $400-500 more? Lol.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I would say plus 50/60 wheelish (all dyno’s different) would be well worth it since your already committed...right?? Hard to believe it’s that much difference myself. So $400-500 more? Lol.
I've already paid for it. Frank was running a Bfriday deal on ED cable + Maestro + etune.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
I can't properly tune for the meth when I have to unplug it to log with the ed cable and stuff. Plus George said that whenever the jb4 loses its obd connection it adds 4psi when it switches to safety mode. He is trying to get me a firmware update to control the meth and not add the 4psi with the obd not plugged in. I just ordered the coolingmist progressive meth controller this morning so I'll probably use that and sell the jb4

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't the original jb1 control meth the same way as the jb4 just without the afr tap and use of the obd port?