GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC and APR

r-gazmic

Passed Driver's Ed
winters just get extremely cold around here which im not sure if that affects the water meth system

I dunno how it would affect it, methanol is what they use to make windshield washer fluid not freeze during winter. Some people even use that stuff as their w/m fluid as long as it doesn't have some bug remover or other junk in it.

If you're running a mix that's like 90% water I guess it might be an issue but if there's a decent amount of meth in there that stuff is gonna stay liquid year round.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Does anyone have a guide on w/m on this platform?

It’s a route i’ve also considered but the install and other risks have scared me away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Does anyone have a guide on w/m on this platform?

It’s a route i’ve also considered but the install and other risks have scared me away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Install is easy and what other risks do you have? They have fail safes and even have low fluid sensors for them.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

depth_charged

Ready to race!
i feel like the apr tune isnt that strong i dont know if its just me being used to it or what not but doesnt seem strong anymore

You should try to drive a stock GTI. I'm APR Stage 2 and have gotten used to it, drove a stock GTI last week and mine feels like a rocket in comparison.

siupo128

Ready to race!
Ive been seeing GIAC making alot of noise with the is38 tune saying its better than APR...does anyone have info or experience with this...if its worth it...wouldnt mind switching

I just switched to giac from cobb. I like their tune and great customer service. the only down side is their stage 2 tune wont eliminate the code from aftermarket downpipe. but overall I like their tune and the price is reasonable.