GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie: *Testing* Brake cooling on the GTI Facelift (same on the MK7)

drrck

Go Kart Champion
8V0407811 / 8V0407812

These are the MQB RS3 deflectors @ 12.19 USD each + 13.96 shipping.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Similar part, but I believe these MQB ones fit without any modification and are attached using clips and zip-ties.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Again to confirm that these items are genuine Audi Sport factory fit to the 2017> Audi RS3..

In ETKA you go to RS3, 2017yr,
Main group 4,
Sub group 07,
Illustration 407-000,
Item No.20 = 8V0 407 811, & 8V0 407 812 Both are air ducts, one is left side the other right side.

Each item comes with 3 cable ties which are also listed separately if you have to replace.

Item No. 21 = N108 219 01 cable tie 7.6mm x 375mm I note they have HT stamped on them (Hellermann Tyton).

I will be fitting my set & removing my much modified Audi TTRS ones!!...

Last edited:

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Again to confirm that these items are genuine Audi Sport factory fit to the 2017> Audi RS3..

In ETKA you go to RS3, 2017yr,
Main group 4,
Sub group 07,
Illustration 407-000,
Item No.20 = 8V0 407 811, & 8V0 407 812 Both are air ducts, one is left side the other right side.

Each item comes with 3 cable ties which are also listed separately if you have to replace.

Item No. 21 = N108 219 01 cable tie 7.6mm x 375mm I note they have HT stamped on them (High Tensile).

I will be fitting my set & removing my much modified Audi TTRS ones!!...

Looking forward to these new ducts!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If you care about factory looks and getting some cooling air, then I'm all for the RS3 ducts, but I went with the GT3 ducts. How can you beat $8 a set, especially if you track you car and might smash them banging curbs?

Anyone else running ducts without dust shields? How much better do they cool without them?

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Anyone else running ducts without dust shields? How much better do they cool without them?

I installed RS3 ducts this spring and removed the dust shields. I can't recommend fully removing the shields since after a few track days the boots on the ball joints and began to melt along with the plugs for the ABS modules. I have since trimmed down the shields with tin snips and replaced the ball joints lol ( :

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
If you care about factory looks and getting some cooling air, then I'm all for the RS3 ducts, but I went with the GT3 ducts. How can you beat $8 a set, especially if you track you car and might smash them banging curbs?

I run trimmed shields, they cover only the BJ and the ABS sensor, so my seals are intact for now. You can also opt to wrap everything up in heat-resistant barriers.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
I had the RS3 ducts on without the dust shields for a season, and then another season with them on. Didn't notice any difference in overall temps, but the duct DO direct a bunch more water/slush/crap towards the rotor which hugely accelerated corrosion in winter. Had to replace my front rotors after a single season because of it. Dust shields will stay on as a result.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Hmmmmmmm, so I'll have to find a set of 345mm dust shields to fit my car. I think the Mk6 R shields should work or the CC.

Anyone else using GT3 ducts? Mind posting pics of your mounting and how you trimmed?

Last edited:

Druonu

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I didn’t take pics of them trimmed but they needed about an inch trimmed off of the ends along with some of the tabs. Then I drilled four holes and attached each with two zip ties.

Attachments

• F49C0DE3-3297-4AE0-8639-7BEC32B38CF1.jpeg
    F49C0DE3-3297-4AE0-8639-7BEC32B38CF1.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,000