GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Service log book

Matt97

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Just had first service on my Golf last week. I just realized that VW no longer provide a service log book since they claimed everything going digital now. However if I really want, I can pay £14 to get one.My question is wouldn't this become very inconvenience when come to sell. It seems you would have to come to them to beg for a print. Not to mention if someone buy a second hand and I am wondering if they still be able to access to the previous owner's service history. It seems to me, it's easier that if I have a service log book with me. And I think VW should offer the service log book for free if the owner still want the old way instead of charging another £14 for that. I am wondering what are people's opinions. Is it worth to pay £14 to get one?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I had one with mine, I guess you could keep a folder with reciepts for when you come to sell.
TBH with my last car it had FVWSH and you still get cheeky gits trying to get the car at bottom book even though it was showroom condition and low mileage for the year.

paul83

I’ve a ‘16 and the dealer still stamps my book. They also give me a full print out of the work done so everting is clear

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG
I just sold our 12 year old 3 series touring and buyer didn’t even look at any of the service history, in fact over the weekend I found out that I didn’t hand over the fully stamped book and handbook. I think buyers are more interested in the shiny bits.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
Service records only help with high end cars like Ferrari’s where a routine service can cost 10k. If you don’t have records it seriously hurts the resale value.

pcr

Ready to race!
"It's all done by computer", a very common excuse, give me a log book every time, and preferably one that lists when all work is required.

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
Service records only help with high end cars like Ferrari’s where a routine service can cost 10k. If you don’t have records it seriously hurts the resale value.

Lol.

Medic

66 plate came with a log-book, gets stamped every visit. you could always ask a friendly owner to photocopy the relivant pages and make your own if £14 is too much? It’s a rip off and as a guesture of good will I feel they should just give you one but in the end I like my stamps and signatures all in one neat and tidy place.

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC

ChrisK

Ready to race!
If you go to www.volkswagen.co.uk and click “My Volkswagen”, register your e-mail and add a password you can then input your reg and it will show all the services and work that’s been done on the car, but I add, it only shows the work done if that work was carried out by a VW dealer.

Catnapper

Hi,

Just had first service on my Golf last week. I just realized that VW no longer provide a service log book since they claimed everything going digital now. However if I really want, I can pay £14 to get one.My question is wouldn't this become very inconvenience when come to sell. It seems you would have to come to them to beg for a print. Not to mention if someone buy a second hand and I am wondering if they still be able to access to the previous owner's service history. It seems to me, it's easier that if I have a service log book with me. And I think VW should offer the service log book for free if the owner still want the old way instead of charging another £14 for that. I am wondering what are people's opinions. Is it worth to pay £14 to get one?
Sure I've got one with my '17 GTI. But it's pissing it down so not going to look [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
If you go to www.volkswagen.co.uk and click “My Volkswagen”, register your e-mail and add a password you can then input your reg and it will show all the services and work that’s been done on the car, but I add, it only shows the work done if that work was carried out by a VW dealer.

Doesn't show up 2nd service last Oct at VW Kidlington. And doesn't appear to be any details of work actually done. 1st service is just a Service Event. Where as the service book actually shows what was done. I now need to chase up the dealer to get the computer updated. So pretty rubbish online!!!

From on line chat "We no longer provide service books to reduce our carbon footprint." What about all the plastic wrapping on a car??

Last edited:

ChrisK

Ready to race!
Doesn't show up 2nd service last Oct at VW Kidlington. And doesn't appear to be any details of work actually done. 1st service is just a Service Event. Where as the service book actually shows what was done. I now need to chase up the dealer to get the computer updated. So pretty rubbish online!!!

From on line chat "We no longer provide service books to reduce our carbon footprint." What about all the plastic wrapping on a car??

Wow, VW worried about their carbon footprint.:D