GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus ST

pgh_dshaw

Ready to race!
Ran a FoST yesterday. Unknown mods other than the exhaust and blow off valve I could hear when he down shifted beside me. I'm only on a stage 1 93 octane Cobb tune from MAPerformance and currently on my steelies w/ winter tires.

My stupid ass was in 4th gear when I should've been in 3rd. So when it was go time he launched HARD and immediately put a car length on me until I started reeling him in. We ran out of real estate due to traffic where we ended neck and neck.

I'm sure the results would've been different if I had my summers on and would've been in the right gear. It was fun regardless. I'm not sure what all he had done to the car but it was quicker than I thought it'd be. Until we meet again white Focus ST.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Focus ST’a are dogs unless big turbo. A Protuned FBO will only make about 280whp with a kick ass tune on E85. Their turbos are the size of a K03

Tico63

Ready to race!
I raced one stock with muffler delete when I was APR Stage I. Did a 40 roll and he stayed neck and neck for about 2 seconds (which can feel like a long time) before I pulled him hard by buses. He stayed with me mainly because of traction.

They are definitely not slow as it was quicker then I had expected. But they are easy kills with a solid tune.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
I owned a 2014 ST with stage 1 tune drop in filter. I now own my mk7 gti.
Stock vs stock, fairly close. Tuned? Game over for the ST, so much more headroom on the gti. A protune 93oct pump gas fbo st will make 265-270whp. Stage 2 mk7s make 310-320 whp 93oct and are lighter. If you are in the proper gear when you stomp it, the gti should pull, pull...and umm pull.

I did like my st. Fun lil car, feels more naturally aspirated and almost rwd ish around the corners.. but end of the day its got a smaller turbo.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
There is a red Focus ST with Stratified stickers on it who trolls around an area I live. He really likes his trailing throttle pops. I’m always in one if my other vehicles when I see him.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
My buddy's FBO/93 octane tune ST made 276whp and trapped 108. That was a hot tune, i drove it and did not feel the tune was safe.

I made 216 stock on the same dyno, and 303whp with just a DP and mild Uni tune.

FBO and tune, the difference is about 50whp.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
I raced one yesterday on my way home from work....it had a big front mount and loud exhaust and what looked like brembos....I put buses on him from a 2nd gear roll....cool guy, smiled and gave thumbs up after....