GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Common issues: creaking front suspension.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Interesting. No magic pill there. Hmm...

Well, if the lube works, let us know!

The suspension has been silent since installing a front subframe deadset kit. I'm so glad I found the fix for my car!

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
So the implication being that it's not the wishbone bushes that creak... How long has your kit been fitted?

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
So the implication being that it's not the wishbone bushes that creak... How long has your kit been fitted?

Only since Dec 4th and 300 miles ago, but this is the first time the car hasn’t clunked since I bought it used at 9,000 miles. I’ll be back here to vent if come back, promise lol

lokerola

Ready to race!
Only since Dec 4th and 300 miles ago, but this is the first time the car hasn’t clunked since I bought it used at 9,000 miles. I’ll be back here to vent if come back, promise lol

Was this the Tyrolsport deadset kit for the subframe?

yongnt

15 minutes ago, I used to have that horrible creaking/scraping noise that only really comes out under braking when going over road humps.

Well, not anymore, it is not at least 95% quieter!

Just sprayed a "healthy" amount of silicon lubricant onto the front lower control arm bushings that go into the subframe like they are my enemies.

My 3 year old car is nearly as good as new.
May be able to improve it further as i only managed to spray it without a jack/lifter hence the coverage is definitely not 100%.

Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Yes that's what the dealer does when you complain. If you don't complain you get to continue listening to the creaking.

To keep it at bay you need to do it every three to six months. If this is what's required it should have been put into the service schedule if nothing else...

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Yup my condo parking lots has giant speed bumps and every time i go over them my front creaks, back doesn't seem to. Just gotten used to it. Thought about complaining but was worried the dealership would just make it worse trying to fix it haha.

15 minutes ago, I used to have that horrible creaking/scraping noise that only really comes out under braking when going over road humps.

Well, not anymore, it is not at least 95% quieter!

Just sprayed a "healthy" amount of silicon lubricant onto the front lower control arm bushings that go into the subframe like they are my enemies.

My 3 year old car is nearly as good as new.
May be able to improve it further as i only managed to spray it without a jack/lifter hence the coverage is definitely not 100%.

Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yep. Did the trick for me too. Curious to see how long it lasts. If I remember I’ll report back once it starts up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

autovelocity

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 R
Yes, lubricating the control arm/subframe bushings will make the creaking go away for 6-7 months but it will come back. You just need to relube.

My previous MK5 Rabbit started creaking after 1 year, while my 2017 Sportwagen did it after 2 months and the dealer says theres nothing they can do about it.

I swear VW is getting retarded with these cheap bushings they keep using.

Watch00

[FONT=&quot]I resolved this by replacing all the control arm bushings (MK7 2013, 2.0TDI) with SWAG ones + greasing all new and old bushings (including the sway bar's) with FEBI lithium grease (G052150A2). The problem could have been the front sway arm bushings, but for MK7 you cannot buy only the bushings, you have to change the whole arm. My mechanic said that none of the bushings were used or needed replacement, therefore I do not know for sure that if I were only to grease them would have solved the problem. Now the car is dead silent, no creaks no squeaks. Hopefully it will last.[/FONT]

16GTIPP

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the same thing happening with my GTI. Every time I rode over the curb pulling into my garage my front end would groan.

I've replaced my control arm bushings with SuperPros (poly) and greased the hell out of them. No more noise.

blergrd

Ready to race!
If under Warrenty, can the dealer replace or lubricate the bushings and or control arms ? I took my gti in and they said they couldn't re create the freaking creaking sound!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
If under Warrenty, can the dealer replace or lubricate the bushings and or control arms ? I took my gti in and they said they couldn't re create the freaking creaking sound!

Yes you have to coax them into reproducing it, I went in like five times before they acknowledged it was there and I believe them when they said it didn't do it.

Yes they can do both those things, and they have done both on our car, several times, but it *comes back*...

blergrd

Ready to race!
Yes you have to coax them into reproducing it, I went in like five times before they acknowledged it was there and I believe them when they said it didn't do it.

Yes they can do both those things, and they have done both on our car, several times, but it *comes back*...

Okay thanks. Maybe the next time I go in, I'll drive then around so they can hear it

GolfGTI2014

Passed Driver's Ed
Thought I would add my experience here... I have been looking for a solution to my creaking and popping noises since i put in my VWR springs and ECS Heavy Duty Strut Mounts. Yesterday I had the ECS Heavy Duty Strut Mounts replaced with the Factory Golf R Strut Mounts... all of the noise is gone now... The ride feels and sounds like new... hope they hold up.