GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your thoughts on 17s vs 18s, and 40 vs 45 sidewall ratio

Halewafa

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh no, LA spends money on everything except maintenance. The weather is ideal for keeping well maintained roads but they are some of the worst in the country.

Guess I somehow avoided the bad roads then. Lived in the LA area for 4 years while going to USC, I don't ever remember them being anything like what I'm experiencing here in Indy (moved here 3 years ago)

Engineer90

Ready to race!
Option 2 isn't the best because your ride will be taller and you will notice, trust me... you wanna be lower especially in GTI to keep it fun.

I'm also stuck between option 1 and 3... although I wanna do 245/40/18 or 245/45/17. I live in NJ, the roads here are complete sh*t as well. I bent my stock Austins twice already this winter :mad:

hobbyjumper

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI APR Stage-II
I think I've settled on the 235/40/18 option, on 18x8.5 +43, and DG springs.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Good choice,

I did same but with stock Austin wheels. I have no regrets, now I drive over potholes with little concerns.
Also extra width gives me better braking and traction.

Handling has been reduced by a LITTLE bit but only a hint.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Good choice,

I did same but with stock Austin wheels. I have no regrets, now I drive over potholes with little concerns.
Also extra width gives me better braking and traction.

Handling has been reduced by a LITTLE bit but only a hint.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

And curb rash buffer. Can you post pics from the side of the wheel to see what it looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm running 17x8.5 with a 245/40-17 Michelin PSS (will be PS4S when they need to be replaced).

I think it's a great combination of a meaty tire, nice sidewall to give you some semblance of a ride, but the performance tire keeps the sidewall stiff enough that the transitions going into turns isn't affected much at all.