Buckled Santiago Alloy! Any for sale?

prp74

Passed Driver's Ed
There are few single ones on eBay.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Yes. Just spotted this one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/362236799589?rt=nc

It’s described as genuine item and ‘remanufactured’, so it’s been refurbished. If I was considering a refurbished wheel, I’d want t be able to inspect it personally before buying it to make sure the refurbishment was of good quality and the wheel was indistinguishable from a new wheel. With a refurbished diamond cut wheel, there’s also a risk that it may be more prone to white worm corrosion than than a wheel that hasn’t been refurbished.

I’d avoid buying any wheel that is described as Santiago replica or Santiago style as they’ll be copies and not the genuine article. The may also be a different width and offset to the OEM wheels, and if they’re a cheap Chinese import, the structural integrity might be questionable, and the finish may be poor of poor quality.

There are lots of 18” Santiago replicas. VW didn’t make an 18” version of the Santiago wheel. They’d not be of any use to the OP anyway as he’s looking for a 19”

DeezGTD

Claim the local council / Authority for the cost of Replacement! Roads up in Edinburgh are a joke at the moment. I feel your pain.

“We used to drive on the left side of the road. Now we just drive on what’s left of the road”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk