GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Mustangs are even faster!

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah but does she take her teeth out for you guys?

All I know is, I got to keep a souvenir.

gameaud

Ready to race!
hmmm debating if i should trade in my GTI for the new 2018 mustang GT. Base model looking at 33k OTD and 2017 GT with performance package looking at 31k OTD. That power and rwd seems tempting, but the interior for non premium GT is trash compare to the GTI SE trim and up.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
hmmm debating if i should trade in my GTI for the new 2018 mustang GT. Base model looking at 33k OTD and 2017 GT with performance package looking at 31k OTD. That power and rwd seems tempting, but the interior for non premium GT is trash compare to the GTI SE trim and up.

The interior on any Ford product is horrendous

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7

If you want a manual, go '15-'17. If you want that sweet 10 speed auto '18 is 100% worth it

The interior on any Ford product is horrendous

Agreed based on the interior of my '14 premium GT, although '15 and up has gotten quite a bit nicer.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
another ex-Stang guy here 2012 V6 to a 2017 GTI. Both were faster on the street than you should go but the GTI is more fun. I know on a track the Stang was faster and had the looks but the GTI does so much very well I am glad with my choice. They both cost about the same (the Stang was a base model with the perf upgrades) but the Stang took the time and effort of a suspension upgrade to make it fun on two lane blacktop.

I admit to missing the jealous eyes of folks when I drove by in the Stang.

gameaud

Ready to race!
If you want a manual, go '15-'17. If you want that sweet 10 speed auto '18 is 100% worth it

Agreed based on the interior of my '14 premium GT, although '15 and up has gotten quite a bit nicer.

Mustang GT have any rev hang? never drove one before. I just hate how all modern day turbos have rev hang nowadays making driving in city a pain.

Robbb

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd say the same. I sold my JB1/downpipe only manual mk7 for a 2014 GT. Loved the way the car looked and sounded, but the fuel economy and shitty chinese transmission combined with the fact that you'd spend $3k+ to keep up with a stage 2 GTI led to me buying my current mk7.

Agree, the Ford MT82 manual transmission is the biggest piece of crap I've ever used. They should have used the Tremec manual tranny. That new 10 speed auto that was co-developed with GM is supposed to be great though.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion

signkutter

Ready to race!
Coming from a 16 SS Camaro, I can tell you all that they handle great and get decent mpg if you drive them normally...they are damned quick and fast....but the ergonomics SUCK and for such a large car they have no practical cargo or passenger room...Mustangs are more livable ergos...but they are also pretty much one trick cars with bad mpg...iI guess thats why I drive a tuned GTI...closest thing I could find to a practical car that handles well and is capable of passing with authority

Vw5002000

Passed Driver's Ed
Coming from a 16 SS Camaro, I can tell you all that they handle great and get decent mpg if you drive them normally...they are damned quick and fast....but the ergonomics SUCK and for such a large car they have no practical cargo or passenger room...Mustangs are more livable ergos...but they are also pretty much one trick cars with bad mpg...iI guess thats why I drive a tuned GTI...closest thing I could find to a practical car that handles well and is capable of passing with authority

Well Said. I had a 14 GT and with a 3rd child on the way, those 2 door days are over. I'm 42 and the GTI is the most FUN and PRACTICAL car ive ever owned. Never thought I could put those 2 words in the same context.