GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Under seat storage

Darryl3972

Hi all,

I had an accident last year in my company car Mark7 golf estate GT.
I recently took delivery of my new one - identical except its the updated 7.5.

Mine doesn't seem to have the under front seat storage which was really useful.
Has it been taken out of this model or have mine just been forgotten upon assembly?

It's a first world problem I know, but still annoying.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
The 7.5 GTI SE no longer comes with Fender audio so it might be the case.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Under seat storage drawers aren’t listed as part of the standard spec under the ‘luggage’ or ‘storage’ sections for the Golf GT Estate, so no, they weren’t omitted from your car in error;

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/gol...del-compare/details/2938#!#standard-equipment

VW do seem, to be making cost saving changes to many of their models as they’re launched or face lifted;

• The T-Roc doesn’t have tactile soft interior plastics on the fascia or door cards; they’re made from hard plastic.
  • The new Polo also has hard plastic door cards (it does have a soft feel facia though), and the headliner mounted grab handles have been dropped.
  • Neither the T-Roc nor Polo have the little spring loaded plastic cover over the locking catch on the luggage compartment sill. The metal catch is now exposed.

I dare say there are other areas of cost saving that will become apparent as customers take delivery of these models. Hopefully VW haven’t made any compromises with the mechanical and electrical components.

I suppose with costs of Dieselgate facing VW, they have to make savings wherever they can...........