GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Shops in Central NJ???

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
So my clutch finally started slipping and I'm going to have to plan on a replacement in the near future, and maybe an IS38 as well to treat myself :D

Anyone have recommendations for a performance shop that specializes in VW and Audi, or in German cars in general? I know there's a ton of them around, but none come to mind except KMD tuning, and I was looking for something a little closer and possibly cheaper.

I just want a shop with tons of experience doing is38 installs and clutch swaps and not just a jack-of-all-trades mechanic.

Bonus points if they sell and stock the parts required, as well.

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
pm me and I will recommend someone well known with tons of experience in the nj vw community who will do your clutch and is38 install for a very affordable price. I just got done doing my downpipe and is20 on my alltrack and it was a flawless install.

Mceric01

Ready to race!
Redline speedworks or drive autoworks.

daays

pm me and I will recommend someone well known with tons of experience in the nj vw community who will do your clutch and is38 install for a very affordable price. I just got done doing my downpipe and is20 on my alltrack and it was a flawless install.

I think I know who you might be talking about. And if it is, they do great work!

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI

If this is Josh he is highly recommended by many, not a dedicated performance shop but they do excellent work on MK7s and are very popular among the people in NJ. The shop is in Lacey, NJ I believe.

Redline speedworks or drive autoworks.

I would pass on Redline, they have very expensive and unclear pricing. I asked for simple estimate to install coilovers and it was $575.85 to install plus $175 for alignment. When I asked what the hourly rate was because that price was quite a bit higher than others he replied with "we don't have one".

Drive Auto Werks has mixed reviews, some people love it, some people find the some of the work hastily done. Based on what I have seen I would go elsewhere.

Island Auto Works is a great option but rather far south. Another shop that loves MK7s and if you just check their IG you'll see. Very good reviews.

CasteSystems is another I'd consider, in Northern NJ. I had him install my coilovers and he's an honest guy that did great work. Also he works very quickly. I returned to him for other work.