GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

June Ordering Thread

Crownhillbilly

Hopefully your car will be on that ferry, you should know in the next 3 days or so if it is, I will keep my fingers crossed for you!.

My car hasn't reached the dealers yet, I would think it will be some time next week (hopefully!), it does have to come from Sheerness to Plymouth which is about 400km, not sure if that make a significant difference to the time but I hope not!, if I don't hear from my dealers by Tuesday I will give them a ring.

DaveK92

Hi all, just posting to see if anyone else is experiencing delays with DSG...I ordered a 1.0 DSG Highline in white with keyless and park assist at the end of May, a delay in additional paperwork meant it wasn't officially ordered until the first or second week of June.

I'm not happy with my local dealer. I didn't get a call to say it was being built or anything, I had to phone them and it took days to get through and my original date was end of September, then October 10th. I had to wait two weeks between each of the phonecalls and the dealer emailed to find our about the delay and I didn't hear back.

Another two weeks later I call and he's on holiday so I speak to someone else, he gave me a date of October 6th and said he'd look into it. Called me back that day to say there's a stock shortage of DSG boxes. Only 3 DSG models from stock in Ireland, two of which were 1.4 with R-Line, alloys and a sunroof so too expensive.

I don't know what the build week actually is/was, just that the expected delivery was October 10th. Not happy about the delay but not much can be done. Signing the paperwork at the end of May is a distant memory now...

Going to call tomorrow to see if there's any good news on the date. Knowing my luck it will be delayed even more but hopefully it's been bumped up a few days. Not happy with my original salesman. Showed up to test drive a 1.4 150hp model to get a feel for the car and when I parked up he phoned me to say the car wasn't there, when I negotiated the price and made a deal he wasn't there...he's been useless. I just want my car!

I was speaking to someone who got their car two weeks ago who ordered two weeks after me but theirs was a manual.

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG
I’m looking to change my 2015 GTD next year and I’m pretty sure I’m going to buy a 5 door GTI PP DSG, a last hurrah before we are all taxed into plug in hybrids! I’ve heard stories that the performance pack adds 4 weeks to delivery times and there is a world wide shortage of DSG gearboxes. I’ll need the car for July so I’m just wondering when realistically to order. My GTD was ordered in Feb 2015 for a June delivery, and didn’t turn up until the August.

Has any member of the forum ordered a similar car in the U.K. recently? I be interested to hear any experiences.